• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 758 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

Shadow Inspiration, new eBook

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Sleiman
Official Newbie!

Shadow Inspiration, new eBook

Unread post

Hello,

I spent ten years living and working in Japan, all the while studying the martial arts.

I've recently published my second book, an eBook, based on that martial arts experience through Kindle. The book is titled 'Shadow Inspiration'.

The work is heavily influenced by the Japanese literary forms of zuihitsu and haibun as I've found that those two styles, particularly zuihitsu, are well suited to expressing the book's subject matter.

I'm hesitant to use the term 'martial arts' to describe the subject simply because my experience has been so very different to what many - including martial artists - would imagine martial arts to be.

I believe that my writing expresses the difference and I would dearly like to hear and read of others' view of the writing. I'm not afraid of honest literary criticism.

Thanks,

Sleiman Azizi
Sleiman
Official Newbie!

Re: Shadow Inspiration, new eBook

Unread post

Hi again.

I've released my third book now, Dancing Embers.

The work reads as a kind of a memoir of random musings in the Japanese zuihitsu literary tradition. It's not a long work, about 5,000 words including an introduction and glossary. I'm actually happy with this one more so than my other works.

If anyone is interested in reviewing simply contact me and I will provide you with a press release with appropriate links.

Thanks.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”