• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

A Big Little Life

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

A Big Little Life

Unread post

Currently reading "A Big Little Life; a memoir of a joyful dog named Trixie" by Dean Koontz. :clap: :up:
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Crystalline
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Re: A Big Little Life

Unread post

A joyful dog? I have only read two old books by Koontz, enjoyed one better than the other, and both were about crime, murder, and fantasy...
He writes well, I liked his writing, not necessarily the scifi. Is this really just about a dog?
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: A Big Little Life

Unread post

Yes, it is just about a dog. It is nonfiction; Trixie was an actual dog adopted by Koontz and his wife, Gerda (yes, that is her real name). I am about one-third of the way through the book, and it is funny, poignant and illuminating all at the same time. I recommend it.
Last edited by Cattleman on Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Return to “What are you currently reading?”