• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Santa's Big Evil Helper, THE KRAMPUS

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
war1
Master Debater

Santa's Big Evil Helper, THE KRAMPUS

Unread post

For those of you who do not know about the Krampus, here is some information I put on my blog:

http://warusho-author.blogspot.de/2014/ ... he-is.html

The Krampus punishes bad children, sometimes whips them, or carries them back to hell with him. Worse is, he travels as St. Nicholas's companion and acts on his behalf.
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Re: Santa's Big Evil Helper, THE KRAMPUS

Unread post

What about Zwart Piet?
war1
Master Debater

Unread post

I did mention him in my blog.

Zwarte Piet, or Black Pete is another aide to Saint Nicholas, particularly in the Netherlands and Belgium. He travels through the chimney, resulting in him having a charred black face. In some regions, he may, in fact, be he a “slave” to Saint Nicholas, and why his tale is considered racist by many people
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

In Holland, Zwart Piet is depicted as a Moor.

In a French St. Nicholas legend, the butcher who killed 3 boys and sold their flesh as pork during a famine was named Pere Frouettard. The similarity of Pere and Pierre would make this butcher Black Pete as Pere, according to the legend, became an assistant to Nicholas. He is the dark or shadow side of Santa. The light side--the bishop in the red robe--hands out the gifts to the good kids while the dark side--Black Pete--delivers blows of switches to the bad kids.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

great stuff! thanks a felt 'n meltin million gents. :)

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”