• In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

"Logical Fallacies: The Key to Proving Christians Wrong"

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
jjames76
Getting Comfortable

Re: "Logical Fallacies: The Key to Proving Christians Wrong"

Unread post

There is the idea or belief of a God outside the judao christian bible...sorry for spellings. I agree that u can argue biblical logic till the cows come home, even biblical christians do. Just as scientist argue, that is what i mean about ever really really knowing anything really. Today im just "Thankful" for all the stuff i think i know and all the stuff i have yet to come to know and for this crazy thing called Life lol
Movie Nerd
Intelligent

Unread post

jjames76 wrote:There is the idea or belief of a God outside the judao christian bible...sorry for spellings. I agree that u can argue biblical logic till the cows come home, even biblical christians do. Just as scientist argue, that is what i mean about ever really really knowing anything really. Today im just "Thankful" for all the stuff i think i know and all the stuff i have yet to come to know and for this crazy thing called Life lol
Even outside of the Bible, though, you aren't called upon the prove the negative. Atheism, the lack of belief in ANY god, is the default position when none of the arguments or so-called evidence for religion meets the requirements needed for you to suplly belief.

The fact that so many Christians argue and nitpick interpretations of the Bible is one clear-cut sign that something is not right.

These are just my thoughts. Surely someone smarter than I on this forum can better articulate what we're saying here.
I am just your typical movie nerd, postcard collector and aspiring writer.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

jjames wrote:Today im just "Thankful" for all the stuff i think i know and all the stuff i have yet to come to know and for this crazy thing called Life lol
a hearty AMEN RA!! to that one JJ :clap:
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

The fact that so many Christians argue and nitpick interpretations of the Bible is one clear-cut sign that something is not right.
so true...

reminds me of an old song by that genius christian artist Mark Heard... (not that there is an obvious connection but deep calls to deep and truth answers to truth)
Well, the diggers and the bankers, and the architects and fools got to work,
You can’t stop them with bitter tears and golden rules,
It’s a race to stay alive, baby, it’s lawyers, tax, and steel,
‘Til the life that you are living is the thing you never feel,
Babe, they say that this world is better than the last,
I wouldn’t know, I have no way of living in the past,
Where once there was a garden, oh, the streets have overflowed,
From the Golden Gate to the East Block state, you can hear creation groan.

Baby, it’s a long…baby, it’s a long way down,
Baby, it’s a long…baby, it’s a long way to fall,
Baby, it’s a long…baby, it’s a long way down,
Baby, it’s a long…baby, it’s a big world after all,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1_Nt_TRe1s

another night another thousand points of light go out....

but having experienced the slow death of crucifixion and risen out from among the dead perhaps an abiding love really can conquer all :wink:
jjames76
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

"Even outside of the Bible, though, you aren't called upon the prove the negative. Atheism, the lack of belief in ANY god, is the default position when none of the arguments or so-called evidence for religion meets the requirements needed for you to suplly belief. "

Im not sure this makes atheism the logical winner by default however. There still remain a source for energy, life,universe that has yet to be identified.
Movie Nerd
Intelligent

Unread post

jjames76 wrote:"Even outside of the Bible, though, you aren't called upon the prove the negative. Atheism, the lack of belief in ANY god, is the default position when none of the arguments or so-called evidence for religion meets the requirements needed for you to suplly belief. "

Im not sure this makes atheism the logical winner by default however. There still remain a source for energy, life,universe that has yet to be identified.
But until you can prove that the source of energy, life, the universe, etc. is some sort of god figure, then atheism is indeed the default position. Atheism is the position we fall back on when the claims of God-believers do not meet their burden of proof. The burden of proof is on the ones claiming that some god figure set everything in motion.
jjames76
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

"burdon of proof" would be on some philosophy/belief system that said everything came from nothing, that is illogical. Whether "our" particular source is the ONE source or a tributary off shoot of some multiple sources, I and the rest of learned humanity can not logically come to a conclusion that SOMETHING, in our case EVERTHING, and any case ANYTHING, came from a NOTHING.
Movie Nerd
Intelligent

Unread post

jjames76 wrote:"burdon of proof" would be on some philosophy/belief system that said everything came from nothing, that is illogical. Whether "our" particular source is the ONE source or a tributary off shoot of some multiple sources, I and the rest of learned humanity can not logically come to a conclusion that SOMETHING, in our case EVERTHING, and any case ANYTHING, came from a NOTHING.
Ugh, you're missing what I'm saying. Nobody said anything about something coming from nothing--essentially, you shirking around the Big Bang--we're talking believing in God versus not believing in God.
jjames76
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Umm no..im just talking about logic...abscence of god

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”