• In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Do you EAT while you READ?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
missyllaneous
Getting Comfortable

Do you EAT while you READ?

Unread post

Having just returned a book to the library which revealed that the last borrower was fond of Cheetos and chocolate I'm wondering do you EAT when you READ? I will have a cup of tea and maybe a biscuit/cookie but never have stained a page with my messy fingers. :lol:

:thanks2: ,-missyllaneous-
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member
Australia

Re: Do you EAT while you READ?

Unread post

NEVER! I couldn't take the risk of staining a book. Apart from that aspect though, eating takes all my attention.
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
The Unicorn Angel
My Very Naughty Pony
Peyton8
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Eating and Reading are the two things I love ( Not in that order ). But somehow they never gel well for me. But I have found myself with a mug of coffee or green tea while reading. :)
Benn98
Official Newbie!

Unread post

rchapman1tewantin wrote:NEVER! I couldn't take the risk of staining a book. Apart from that aspect though, eating takes all my attention.
Oh I agree!! Besides, I often re-read some of my books, so I prefer keeping them in perfect condition. I do hate it when I come across greasy marks on second hand books.
lovemybull
Atop the Piled Books

Unread post

Oh dear, food stains on a library book is just nasty. Even with my own books, grease can invite mold growth. I keep magazines in the dining area. That way if I'm alone I can read and even if I spill something the magazines go in the recycle bin eventually anyway.
L' Chaim!
threak17
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

I can't eat and read. Well, I could, but getting the pages stained/greasy ruins the book.
A cup of coffee or hot chocolate is about as far as I'll go.
Deanna_Anderson
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I do sometimes, but I usually read in bed or in the bathtub so usually do not eat at those times.
Author & Freelance Writer andersondeanna.weebly.com

~*You don't have to see the top of the staircase to take the first step*~
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Unread post

I don't usually eat and read, but I have been on my own at a restaurant before and found that it kind of takes away from the lonely feeling of not having someone to converse with while eating.
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”
lucia_salemi
Official Newbie!

Unread post

No, because I hate food stains on books :x But I eat snacks or drink green tea while I read ebooks on my laptop...
Movie Nerd
Intelligent

Unread post

I sometimes have a book with me when I go out to eat with my parents, usually when we're out on the road and such. Usually I eat a sandwich that's not too messy, or stuff that requires a fork, so I have ways of getting around the mess issue. Plus I am obsessed with washing my hands.
I am just your typical movie nerd, postcard collector and aspiring writer.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”