• In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

New book set in Scotland from mid-1600s to mid-1800s

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
ScotsNews
Almost Comfortable

New book set in Scotland from mid-1600s to mid-1800s

Unread post

'Faeries, Farms and Folk' tells the story of the McMurdo family in south-west Scotland as they transition from farmers to coal miners. Many people whose ancestry is in Scotland will have Agricultural Labourers in their family tree, but apart from being poorly paid they were skilled people who worked their landlords' fields with experienced hands and mines. The book is written at a time when witch hunting was at its peak in Scotland and the theme of superstition is weaved throughout the book. The church loved to weed out 'fornicators' and publicly humiliated them. 'Faeries, Farms and Folk' is the last instalment in a trilogy based on the author's own family. I have greatly enjoyed getting to know the characters as I researched them and wrote about them, and I commend the books to you. You can find out more at www.oursyoursandmines.webs.com or watch this little video
https://animoto.com/play/q08jnVpZRfiRJpMjy5cEYw

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”