• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 719 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:23 am

"Logical Fallacies: The Key to Proving Christians Wrong"

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
ManofEcstasy
Getting Comfortable

"Logical Fallacies: The Key to Proving Christians Wrong"

Unread post

The ebook will be discounted to 99 cents on November, 26!
(Only in the U.S. Amazon Store. The discount, I mean.)
Author: Armando Delgado (Me.)

Book Description:

Comrades, let's put a stop to it - Christians using logical fallacies to "prove" that their God exists, atheists not calling them out on it, and, most of all, atheists losing debates by being bombarded with a seemingly infinite supply of logic errors. So instead of just letting it happen, learn how to debate like a pro, easily discredit virtually all evidence that God exists, discover evidence the Christian God from Genesis never existed, and obtain morally unreliable Bible verses with this book. All in all, this book is an absolute must if you're serious about destroying Christians as effectively as possible in debates.

The first five to write an honest review of it on Amazon will be given a free printed copy. To those interested, just add it to your public Amazon wishlist and let me know.

Here's a book sample:

Amazon store link:

amazon.com/Logical-Fallacies-Proving-Ch ... amp;sr=1-3

Thank you for your time.
ManofEcstasy
Getting Comfortable

Re: "Logical Fallacies: The Key to Proving Christians Wrong"

Unread post

Whehter you buy this book or not, take this with you:

1)You cannot prove that God does not exist, so He does.(Burden of Proof Fallacy)

2)There is currently no explanation for this, so God did it. (God of the Gaps/Argument from Ignorance Fallacy)

3)God exists because the Bible/Qur'an/Torah says it's the word of said "on true God" /Bible, Torah, Qur'an quotes (Circular Reasoning Fallacy)

4)Many people believe God exists , therefore he does. (Appeal to Belief Fallacy)

5)The bible makes me feel good, so it is true (Appeal to Consequences of a belief Fallacy)

6)Muslim/Christian-I had a personal encounter with God, so he is real. (Anecdotal Evidence)

7)I prayed to God and I was cured (Post Hoc Ergo Raptor fallacy)

8 )Ontological Argument (Fallacy of Misplaced Concreteness/Ontological Fallacy + Non sequitur-concludes that this proves the Christian god's existence specifically without any justification)

9)Bible prophecies (Circular Reasoning fallacy –assuming the Bible prophecies were foretold before the fact. Also, assuming that Bible prophecies took place in the Bible happened (e.g. the resurrection of Jesus) + Cherry Picking –only counting the times Bible “prophecies came true” +Self-fulfilling Prophecy -a prediction that directly or indirectly causes itself to become true due to want of making it happen + Non sequitur –even if Bible prophecies came true, the leap to “God” exists doesn’t follow from the premise.)

10)*ignores argument * Argues about something else (Red Herring Fallacy)

11)*ignores argument * You don't believe in God because you're dumb/arrogant/blind/ignorant/working for Satan, atheist! (Personal Attacks Fallacy)

12)This is all just lies and slander as expected from an atheist (Appeal to Motive)

13)Thomas Aquinas Five ways ( Non sequitur-god is the unmoved mover (special pleading), uncaused cause(special pleading), intelligent designer,the necessary not contingent being, the absolute, perfect standard + It's an even bigger leap to assume it proves the Christian God specifically.)

14)Any pro God "evidence" whose conclusion doesn't follow the premise (Non sequitur) Example: Muslim/Christian/Deist: The Kalam argument proves that my specific God exists just because.

15) I cannot fathom how this came to be, therefore God did it. (Argument from Incredulity)

16)Absolute morality exists , therefore God exists. (CRF + Non Sequitur)

17)God exists because there is a sophistication and design in the world. (False Analogy + Watchmaker Fallacy + Teological Fallacy)

18)God is love (Tautology Fallacy)

19)You cannot explain where love comes from, therefore God did it. (God of the Gaps)

20)I believe in God because I don't want to believe there is nothing after death. (Appeal to Consequences of a Belief)

21)The world was made beautiful for us. (Appeal to Beauty + CRF)

22)God. (You gotta' be kidding me. CIRCULAR REASONING FALLACY.)
Movie Nerd
Intelligent

Unread post

ManofEcstasy wrote:Whether you buy this book or not, take this with you:

1)You cannot prove that God does not exist, so He does.(Burden of Proof Fallacy)

2)There is currently no explanation for this, so God did it. (God of the Gaps/Argument from Ignorance Fallacy)

3)God exists because the Bible/Qur'an/Torah says it's the word of said "on true God" /Bible, Torah, Qur'an quotes (Circular Reasoning Fallacy)

4)Many people believe God exists , therefore he does. (Appeal to Belief Fallacy)

5)The Bible makes me feel good, so it is true (Appeal to Consequences of a belief Fallacy)

6)Muslim/Christian-I had a personal encounter with God, so he is real. (Anecdotal Evidence)

7)I prayed to God and I was cured (Post Hoc Ergo Raptor fallacy)

8 )Ontological Argument (Fallacy of Misplaced Concreteness/Ontological Fallacy + Non sequitur-concludes that this proves the Christian god's existence specifically without any justification)

9)Bible prophecies (Circular Reasoning fallacy –assuming the Bible prophecies were foretold before the fact. Also, assuming that Bible prophecies took place in the Bible happened (e.g. the resurrection of Jesus) + Cherry Picking –only counting the times Bible “prophecies came true” +Self-fulfilling Prophecy -a prediction that directly or indirectly causes itself to become true due to want of making it happen + Non sequitur –even if Bible prophecies came true, the leap to “God” exists doesn’t follow from the premise.)

10)*ignores argument * Argues about something else (Red Herring Fallacy)

11)*ignores argument * You don't believe in God because you're dumb/arrogant/blind/ignorant/working for Satan, atheist! (Personal Attacks Fallacy)

12)This is all just lies and slander as expected from an atheist (Appeal to Motive)

13)Thomas Aquinas Five ways ( Non sequitur-god is the unmoved mover (special pleading), uncaused cause(special pleading), intelligent designer,the necessary not contingent being, the absolute, perfect standard + It's an even bigger leap to assume it proves the Christian God specifically.)

14)Any pro God "evidence" whose conclusion doesn't follow the premise (Non sequitur) Example: Muslim/Christian/Deist: The Kalam argument proves that my specific God exists just because.

15) I cannot fathom how this came to be, therefore God did it. (Argument from Incredulity)

16)Absolute morality exists , therefore God exists. (CRF + Non Sequitur)

17)God exists because there is a sophistication and design in the world. (False Analogy + Watchmaker Fallacy + Teological Fallacy)

18)God is love (Tautology Fallacy)

19)You cannot explain where love comes from, therefore God did it. (God of the Gaps)

20)I believe in God because I don't want to believe there is nothing after death. (Appeal to Consequences of a Belief)

21)The world was made beautiful for us. (Appeal to Beauty + CRF)

22)God. (You gotta' be kidding me. CIRCULAR REASONING FALLACY.)
Is there any argument so far that even comes close to being compelling as far as the existence of God.
I am just your typical movie nerd, postcard collector and aspiring writer.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I haven't heard a good argument for God yet, Movie Nerd, which leads me to believe I never will. If after thousands of years not a single human being can make an even remotely compelling argument for the existence of a supernatural deity I'm not going to hold my breath expecting it to happen in the future.
ManofEcstasy
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Movie Nerd wrote:Is there any argument so far that even comes close to being compelling as far as the existence of God.
In my opinion, it's by far the most interesting debate topic.
Movie Nerd
Intelligent

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote:I haven't heard a good argument for God yet, Movie Nerd, which leads me to believe I never will. If after thousands of years not a single human being can make an even remotely compelling argument for the existence of a supernatural deity I'm not going to hold my breath expecting it to happen in the future.
The whole issue leads me to one conclusion that I've mentioned before on other threads: essentially, when we ask about whether God exists, we're asking on already preconceived traditions and beliefs on God (examples: Jesus, Allah). Personally, I think there are far too many variables within the framework of the question for us to possibly know at this point, but I would like to believe that some sort of cosmic godlike thing set the Big Bang and everything else in motion. On the other hand, if we ever do come across the real God (if he/she/it really exists), we may be surprised by what it actually is and what it means for us and the universe. If any of that makes sense, I could be wrong.
Movie Nerd
Intelligent

Unread post

ManofEcstasy wrote:
Movie Nerd wrote:Is there any argument so far that even comes close to being compelling as far as the existence of God.
In my opinion, it's by far the most interesting debate topic.
It's not a topic that will easily go away, for sure.
jjames76
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I suppose Christians can never prove atheists wrong, and Atheists can never prove Christians wrong.

A sample of why I believe. (1) excuse my ignorance i was only 16 or 17 (so this was years ago) but I was watching a national geographic special and they invented some vessel, unmanned, that could go deeper in the ocean than ever before and they were discovering fish species they never knew existed. The vessel went so deep that there was no light. So in order for the vessel to transmit video and pictures from below it had to emanate its own light source out into the darkness. Well they came upon, once again, another species of fish they had never known existed and when it was hit by the light it had these certain small pyramidic (?) features to it, made of some clear fish tissue, who the heck knows i dont remember, but anyway when the light hit this species of fish that lived in complete absence of light at the bottom of the ocean, it reflected the light beam from this vessel in thousands of these beautiful prisms of the light spectrum. What the heck is a fish that is supposed to live out its entire life in the dark - for who knows how many centuries, so beautiful when an artificial vessel with artificial light hits hit? Its like there is a hidden treasure always causing us to look deeper.

(2) the friggen circle makes me believe in God. From a childs circle, usually their first drawing, we get triginometry that led to calculus and then onto relativity.

I dont think "believing" closes discussions and thought, I think it makes the strangest things possible and leaves me in continual awe and excitement for what else there is to see.

As far as proving God or disproving God through logical arguments, neither can ever be accomplished here and with science. Is there really anything we know for sure? for sure for sure?
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

i think it's more the "doctrines of lunacy" or "mad teachings" or "literalist baloney" etc etc that make some wish the human race would grow up...

i mean if someone says
it reflected the light beam from this vessel in thousands of these beautiful prisms of the light spectrum. What the heck is a fish that is supposed to live out its entire life in the dark - for who knows how many centuries, so beautiful when an artificial vessel with artificial light hits hit? Its like there is a hidden treasure always causing us to look deeper.
i say AWESOME!!!

if someone says
the friggen circle makes me believe in God.
i say, yeah Pi freaks me out :-D

but if someone says
i believe you can only be saved from God's righteous justice of eternal torment due to your sins through the shed blood of my glorious saviour Jesus

then i think, hmmmm shall i or shant i ?

it's a shame we humans are so conditioned to identify ourselves with what we believe, and think about ourselves, so prone to fear, anger, pride etc etc it seems rare to meet people who can put themselves and their beliefs aside for a minute or two...

i mean we do it when we watch a movie, but trying to get a christian to see how dumb orthodox doctrine is... well it's like trying to get a Nickelback fan to realise Nickelback sux... BIGTIME! :lol:

and dont get me started on Robbie Fooking Williams :lol: :lol: :lol:
Movie Nerd
Intelligent

Unread post

jjames76 wrote:I suppose Christians can never prove atheists wrong, and Atheists can never prove Christians wrong.
#
As far as proving God or disproving God through logical arguments, neither can ever be accomplished here and with science. Is there really anything we know for sure? for sure for sure?
In logic and philosophy, you are not called upon to prove a negative. The stance that God does not exist is the default position if the claim that God exists has not met its burdon of proof.

As far as Atheists proving Christians wrong, look at the things in the Bible which strain credulity at best. Slavery, making women marry their rapists, stoning kids for disobedience, at one moment commanding 'thou shall not murder' while later commanding the slaughter of entire tribes of people...These things are not consistent, and they promote a skewed type of morality. Not to mention the fact that the 6,000-12,000 year timeline that the Bible gives for Earth in no way matches our fossil record or scientific consensus; all of this makes a great beginning case for disproving a literalist Christian belief.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”