• In total there are 56 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 54 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

A clean glove often hides a dirty hand.

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.

When the criminal justice system fails, is personal revenge acceptable?

Yes

33%
No

50%
Depends on whether or not I'm the victim.

17%

Total votes: 6
ClosetScribe
Getting Comfortable

A clean glove often hides a dirty hand.

Unread post

Hi Booktalk Friends,

"A clean glove often hides a dirty hand," is the underlying principal of all of my stories.

I've just released two of my novels. They're part of a series of related stories all revolving around the criminal justice system in Los Angeles. I was a senior prosecutor in the LA DA's Office for 29 years. I retired twelve years ago to devote full time to my writing, a luxury augmented by my continued work with LAPD's Robbery-Homicide Division, Cold Case Specials Unit, where I volunteer my time to work on unsolved homicide cases. I've written nine novels so far, but I'm embarrassed to admit that I never showed them to anyone until recently. Now, I'm glad I did. The reviews I've received have convinced me that my stories are good and have a universal appeal. And that's something we all can relate to.

Hidden Agenda and Web of Betrayal are the first two of a series of six novels that center around Detectives Ulysses Gibson and Jennifer Donahue from the LAPD's RHD. My stories are based upon incidents that I've been privy to during my career, but which contain aspects from a number of different cases and investigations that I decided to use to strengthen the underlying story lines. After all, the novels are fiction, and I've been very pleased to note that so far both novels have received nearly all five-star reviews.

Hidden Agenda ]revolves around a prosecutor named Jeremy Hart who falls for a woman who is married to an abusive husband who she believes is planning to kill her. When the husband turns up dead,Hart is charged with the murder. From that point on, things are not as they seem to be, and as the detectives find themselves scrambling to hold their case together, they are confronted by a number of uncomfortable truths behind the husband's killing that inevitably leads them to discover the hidden agenda.

Web of Betrayal involves the Los Angeles assassination of a British SAS officer by a member of an IRA splinter group. Once the assassin is captured, the detectives must deal with the efforts of his comrades to force the city officials to set him free. They soon find themselves caught up in a desperate race against time to unravel a series of betrayals and secret alliances that reach into the very highest levels of government.

I hope I've interested you in reading my stories. They're both available as ebooks and as print on demand from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and other fine booksellers throughout the world. I've included the link for Amazon for your convenience, and if you do get a chance to read either or both of my stories, I'd love to hear from you either directly or through a posted review (good or bad).

Thanks for taking the time to look this over.

Peter Berman

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... r+s+berman
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member
Australia

Re: A clean glove often hides a dirty hand.

Unread post

A great post, Peter. Your novels sound very interesting, especially because of your background. I'll check them out.
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
The Unicorn Angel
My Very Naughty Pony

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”