• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

College LGBT Writer

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
writergirl
Official Newbie!

College LGBT Writer

Unread post

Good afternoon,
My name is Bonnieli. I am 18 and a writer to help me pay my way through college. I am double majoring in holistic child and women and gender studies, with a minor in creative writing. For as long as I can remember I've loved to write. When I was packing for college, I came across about a dozen notebooks, filled with poems, short stories and half written novels; all having been written between the time of 4th grade and my senior year of high school.

About me:

I was born a girl, but I haven't fully decided what I identify as (either orientation or my own gender) so if that interests you, I would highly encourage you to check out my series on amazon (there's a link in the fiction section)

I was born in Georgia, lived my whole life in Florida, but I am now back in Georgia for college.

Besides writing, I love to watch movies and TV shows (I have been catching up on Once Upon a Time, which was in part inspiration for my most recent writing, and I haven't missed an episode of The Walking Dead). I love crochet, painting, poetry (reading and writing) and to just explore nature, especially in the fall and winter.

I love fantasy, short stories, erotic novels and anything Edgar Allen Poe or similar.

I came to booktalk to meet other authors and to promote my book.

Thank you.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: College LGBT Writer

Unread post

Welcome to the community, Bonnieli. :-)

I can only imagine how difficult life can be when you're struggling with gender issues. A few people close to me are going through a similar gender identity crisis. It seems society has become more aware, respectful and embracing when it comes to such situations. Cultural evolution is happening before our own eyes.

Let me know if you have any questions about BookTalk.org. The key to getting the most from BookTalk.org is to read each forum name and description and then start exploring the existing discussions. Join in when you find one of interest. Before you know it you'll be a pro. ;-)
Movie Nerd
Intelligent

Unread post

Edgar Allan Poe is an excellent writer. H. P. Lovecraft is another favorite of mine, simply for the pure eeriness of his monsters.

I can fully understand being unsure of yourself as far as gender and sexuality goes; at 24 years old, I'm still unsure. I think many of us go throughout most of our lives unsure, and that's part of the fun of life.

As a new person on here myself, I thank you for sharing, and I hope to hear more from you.
I am just your typical movie nerd, postcard collector and aspiring writer.
danimorg62
Gaining experience

Unread post

Hi writergirl.

I was smitten by the word "sepulchre" when I read my first Poe poem. I tried to use it in a sentence many times and you know, it's hard to fit it in... it sort of interrupts the flow of conversation. :)

Hope you enjoy the Forums!

Return to “Everything Else”