• In total there are 6 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

An awkward telling about myself

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
LaurieK
Official Newbie!

An awkward telling about myself

Unread post

Hi, It is so awkward trying to come up with enough information about yourself so as not to sound so dull nobody wants to talk to you or so effervescent that you bubble over with insincerity, I do neither I hope?
I live in a State of Misery otherwise known as Missouri, Springfield to be exact
I'm a 52 year old woman of increasing age and declining health which leaves me free to be online much too much and
since I am a bookworm I thought I'd give this site a try.
Luckily being a bookworm and ill health are suitable companions seeing that both can be easily done in bed as well as internet interloping. :)
I love reading, I always have, I'm sure I came out of the womb with Dr. Seuss in hand and a reading light over my crib. If I could Pimp A Ride it would be a bookmobile. :up:
My interest in books vary, I love humor and am working my way through Robert Benchley but only the books I can afford to buy. I have started reading biographies in a wide range of topics, particularly humor writers from the 1920's - 60's if you know of any good ones let me know!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: An awkward telling about myself

Unread post

Hello Laurie,

I'm sorry to hear your health is not where you'd like it to be. But I'm pleased you've found us and share our passion for books.

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :-)
danimorg62
Gaining experience

Re: An awkward telling about myself

Unread post

Hi Laurie!

Erma Bombeck used to make me laugh.

Smart move, reading biographies about humor writers... you get a laugh in while you learn about them! Have any favorites?

I think George Burns had a good one. And if you're a Woody Allen fan he's written at least one.

Return to “Everything Else”