• In total there are 9 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 742 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:59 am

Science Fiction/Fantasy and Shameless Self Promotion!

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.

Which is more fun to read?

Science Fiction

No votes
Fantasy

No votes
Sci-Fi/Fantasy hybrid

100%

Total votes: 1
Abby Adams
Official Newbie!

Science Fiction/Fantasy and Shameless Self Promotion!

Unread post

So this is where I get to go on about my book?
Well here goes the elevator pitch!
Dying Embers is basically
Where the Red Fern Grows with aliens.
If you haven't read Where the Red Fern Grows.....
Well get to the local library.
Get a BIG bok of tissues.
And prepare for some mental trauma because that author is good.
I certainly don't claim to be at that level yet. But he was a major inspiration.
So onward.

:clap: Dying Embers :clap:

Dying Embers tells the story of Drake McCarty; a sixteen year old boy with more than a few challenges in his life. As if it wasn’t enough that he had begun seeing creatures that no one else could, he is suddenly thrust into the position of liaison to an alien race. He was just coming to understand that part of his life when he finds himself pronounced father to three Larian infants; embers. They are injured, frightened, and carrying a pathogen with the capacity to destroy any technology it contaminates.

Bole and the rest of the mature aliens are of limited help; exiled from their home-world following a bloody civil war, they arrived on Earth in a burned out spaceship just as the Cold War began, and for over half a century the military kept them a closely guarded, rather boring, and ultimately unproductive secret. But when the other half of the conflict arrives, bent on continuing the war here on Earth Bole has no choice but to defend his new home and the family he has built here, leaving Drake to tend to the embers on his own.

But Drake has other allies; a family with roots that stretch back into antiquity, and a reach that spans the world. They in turn know beings native to Earth, but far more alien than any of the Larians; creatures that hold no love for the species that they see as invaders, but might hold the key to his children’s very survival.

This is not published yet. MQuills Publishers runs a program called Bookstart that functions like Kickstart. If the book gets funded it gets published.
Prospective readers can download and *unedited* section of the manuscript from the site if they are interested.
Crystalline
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Re: Science Fiction/Fantasy and Shameless Self Promotion!

Unread post

There is nothing wrong in self-promotion. I've recently read a statistic that people buy after seeing the ad from between 5 to 13 times (don't remember the exact numbers), so do it often. Wishing you much success!
Abby Adams
Official Newbie!

Re: Science Fiction/Fantasy and Shameless Self Promotion!

Unread post

Thank you!
I keep telling myself that :) but I still feel a bit like a humbug.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”