• In total there are 12 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
scrumfish
Sophomore
United States of America

Re: The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

Unread post

Suzanne wrote:Another short story with the same feel as "The Lottery" is "The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas", Ursula K. le Guin. We read it here on BT. Check out short story forum and you will find a link to the story.
Ooo, will do! I didn't know she had any short stories and I generally like her writing.
lindell
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I really liked all of the hungergames-books. Real pageturners for sure, even though some parts in the third book were a bit boring.
Sofia71
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Haven't read the third Hunger Games yet, but my daughter keeps trying to shove it under my nose...so I'm sure I will soon.

Shirley Jackson has loads of short stories btw :)
garcialilliem
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Good thing to read when you want to relax. When i did essay writing in literature i mentioned it, of course, it is not Harry Potter, but at least it is pleasant to read it and the plot is interesting.
mlmooney89
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

I have a love hate relationship with Hunger Games (As I do with The Inheritance Cycle and Harry Potter) and it is because of the ending. I was fully gripped to all three series the entire time only to be let down by the endings (I actually threw the fourth Inheritance Cycle book, all 850 summin pages straight at a wall) I'm sure since this discussion was started so long ago most have read it now but I will put the rest under this:

SPOILERS

I feel Katniss just gave up. The whole story ended sappy and she was pretty much going "well I can't have the guy I want and you want me so I guess we can get married" It actually says that Peeta convinced her to have kids. I mean really? I get it, she was scared to bring children into that kind of world and he helped her overcome that fear but it was forced. The whole ending seemed rushed and didn't go along with the rest of the writing (Don't get me started on Harry Potter and how the writing style was 100% different)

Return to “What are you currently reading?”