• In total there are 25 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

What's the most amazing thing you've ever seen in person?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I'm a member of Mensa and in the monthly "Bulletin" magazine they ask questions to the readers. I'm going through the questions from the past several months and will be posting the ones I find interesting here on BookTalk.org.

blueidea
Master Debater

Re: What's the most amazing thing you've ever seen in person?

Unread post

Mmm, I can remember one thing in the past 2 years.
Field of wind turbines in hills area and green grass all around :D
I don't know why but I really was amazed
Rushd Bitar
scrumfish
Sophomore
United States of America

Unread post

That is very pretty :)
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I guess I'd have to say my first sight of the Grand Canyon.
I had to close and open my eyes because at first it seemed like I was looking at an enormous work of art someone had painted by hand.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

In the 1990s, my wife and I were living in Arlington, Texas. We heard that the space shuttle would land in Florida that evening, and its path would take it (generally) overhead from us. At the appointed time, we went outdoors. It was just getting dark, and as we looked to the west, we saw a bright orange streak appear, and pass over us. :o We hurried inside just in time to see the shuttle touch down in Florida on our television. :)

That may or may not be the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed, but it is definitely in my top 5.

I have to amend this... the most amazing thing was holding my newborn son (my eldest) and looking into his tiny face. Numbers 2 and 3 would be my second son, and my daughter (order of birth). :) :) :)
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
lovemybull
Atop the Piled Books

Unread post

It happened five times and has never ceased to amaze me...after the insufferable agony, the blood and sweat...seeing a wriggling purple being rising from your body for the first time, and it's always the most beautiful baby you've ever seen.

I might add that Niagara Falls is something to behold at least once in your life
L' Chaim!
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Unread post

I was at a class with my company at a site in NY. They took us to the US and Canadian sides of Niagra Falls and to dinner at a spinning tower restaurant. The view was gorgeous and made you feel so humble and grateful to view one of the Worlds wonders from such a viewpoint.
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”
Zachmcawesome1
Official Newbie!

Unread post

A green flash off the coast of Hawaii.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Such wonderful experiences you guys have shared. Like Cattleman, the most amazing, beautiful and emotionally intense feeling I've ever had was when I watched my little boy being born and gently laid on my wife's chest. I lost it crying and still will if I think back on that magical moment.
BIVRIC
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I'd have to say the most amazing think I've ever seen was the birth of a baby from a complete stranger. When I was in the Army in the late 80's early 90's I was a combat medic but for a short time I was assigned to the base hospital. One night I was working the ER with just 2 nurses when a young Army wife came in shortly after her water broke. We immediately prepped her and called for assistance but by the time the doctor arrived, the baby's head was already protruding. It was the first and only human birth I witnessed.
BIVRIC is my new book blog dedicated to promoting self published authors by way of Author Interviews

Connect with me on Facebook Twitter and Google Plus and lets get some interviews posted.

Return to “Everything Else”