• In total there are 9 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 742 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:59 am

Who is your favorite FICTION author?

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
usdfg
Master Debater

Re: Who is your favorite FICTION author?

Unread post

There are so many great books from different authors. However I'll have to go with Robert Muchamore, he is a British writer. His books are very easy to read, but I he's my favorite because his stories got me into reading. I owe him a lot
haviZsultan
Master Debater

Unread post

I am highly interested in fantasy, science fiction and space novels... my list would go something like R.A Salvatore (that guys the king of fantasy), Frank Herbert, JR Tolkein, David Eddings, Steven Erikson, Stephen King (that guy is very famous around my home country-Dunno how so many copies ended up), Dean Koontz (famous at home too) and more...

Btw there was one fantasy series I was utterly addicted to-that was Tom Lloyd's series. he is a new author and few people know about him but his epic fantasy tales are just so unique and addicting at the same time.
magdamierzeja
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I can't live without fiction, my favourite authors are the most famous (duh) like Stephen King, Dean Koontz, J.K. Rowling, J.R. Talkien, Stephanie Meyer, Dan Brown, Philip Pullman. There are some authors that are not that famous like P.C. Cast and Kristin, Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child.
sportourer1
Master Debater

Unread post

At the moment, Julian Rathbone writer of very odd historical fiction amongst other things
NJ Slater
ralfy
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Yukio Mishima
wrpursche
Official Newbie!

Unread post

For 'serious' fiction, Barbara Kingsolver.

For escapism, John Sanford, especially the Prey series. His 'author voice' is so silent you just see the story.
derekailes2014
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Picking just one favorite author is very hard for me to do. All of my favorite authors are in the horror genre. Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Peter Straub, and the late R. Karl Largent are among my favorites.
Derek Ailes - Horror Writer
DK Mok
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I lean towards science fiction and fantasy. I love authors like Isaac Asimov and Terry Pratchett, who write entertaining stories with thoughtful social commentary. But I also enjoy the noir style of Raymond Chandler.
DK Mok
Author of The Other Tree and Hunt for Valamon
www.dkmok.com
erinlynne
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Question is too tough as mentioned.
Most of the books I've ever loved and still do (yes, J.D. Salinger is on the list) made me seriously think and/or left me in some way depressed or nostalgic.

The Giver by Lois Lowry is one book worth discussing if you haven't already.

Emily Bronte had me a wreck; Julian Barnes The Sense of an End is so, so fantastic and also left me in some kind of state, repeating over and over, "you didn't get it. You never got it and you never will"; Carlos Zafon's Shadow of the Wind is an ultimate favorite and worthy of mentioning (always). I cried my heart out. It is absolutely not a romance novel. I'm not really into romance novels, where the only thing that matters seems to be this thing between two characters. Not that a nice toasty scene doesn't make for a nice read (my own novel, Imperfections, has a few such scènes)

Ralfy, what short story by mishima would you recommend starting with?
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member
Australia

Unread post

Australian author, Kate Morton
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
The Unicorn Angel
My Very Naughty Pony

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”