• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

The Myth of the Oil Crisis by Robin M. Mills

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Re: The Myth of the Oil Crisis by Robin M. Mills

Unread post

Some of us are having a hard time following along with this ongoing conversation. If only Joe would help us connect the dots between Gaza conflict and global warming, the two links just posted above.

I did rather like the algae as fuel article from The Guardian. Lots of emerging technologies. Leaves one feeling almost hopeful. Movement away from Arab-dominated oil would certainly be a nice shuffling of the global deck.
-Geo
Question everything
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Joe Kelley wrote: I’d really like to know the truth and avoid any further misunderstandings on my part.
Joe,
I'm sorry for my manner of addressing you; it was intended to be less personally-directed, but it didn't work. And not having a full grasp of what you are getting at in your posts, I probably should have been silent. I need more explicit connections in the things I read; that's just me. I'm happy to withdraw the comment.

DWill
Joe Kelley
All Your Posts are Belong to Us!

Unread post

Some of us are having a hard time following along with this ongoing conversation. If only Joe would help us connect the dots between Gaza conflict and global warming, the two links just posted above.
geo,

I’m right here.

If there is no connection then I want my false understanding proven false, so as to empower me to move on to a more accurate understanding of what I call: The Problem.

Back to the book for a moment: the problem includes any power that makes innocent victims powerless. The link between that last sentence and the book is that the book speaks of two specific powers that are problems when those powers become scarce and unavailable to people who need power to survive.

A. Oil power
B. Power other than oil

Under the category of B is most certainly the power of knowledge concerning the category of B. If someone doesn’t think or believe that B exists, then catagory B doesn’t disappear except as B connects to the person or the people who fail to see it, for all intents and purposes the category of B vanishes concerning the lives of the people who fail to recognize the category of B.

If the people who fail to recognize the power that is available to them can be illustrated by example, so as to illuminate those people with a stark, and naked, extreme example, then those people may then see what was not seen before: shock and awe – perhaps.

Anywhere on the planet where innocent people are being massively tortured and injured, for lack of power, suffices to illustrate the point. Gaza is one of many such extreme cases whereby the illustration shocks and awes the disinterested, objective, and scientifically minded observer, looking to know the causes and effects of such power struggles.

It can hardly be argued, with reason, that a powerless people are often ready made victims relative to powerful people. What, then, manages to keep the power flowing to the powerful people, and what, conversely, manages to keep the power from the powerless people?

Gaza can be too harsh of an example, or it can be dropped for lack of moral interest, or dropped for lack of any connection whatsoever with the subject of oil and the corresponding subject of the fear-mongering campaign that is known as “Peak Oil” (manifestations of which have already been illustrated).

People have power in numbers for more than a few reasons; but the economical reasons, reasons that rely upon physical reality rather than psychological reality (or make believe: like truth and fiction are psychological reality as to psychological non-reality, or as facts are compared relative to lies), where people gain power in numbers, economically, through a few main connections and manifestations of connections among people as such:

1. Division of labor
2. Specialization
3. Economies of scale (or the number of consumers divided by the costs of production as a mathematical measure of economies of scale)

That is the economic (or physical) manifestations of how power in numbers work, and people know this intuitively, if not by rote, or by memory, or by instruction, or by specific measured knowledge; where one can be asked and the answer is on the tip of the tongue of the person answering the question:

What constitutes the economic power of numbers, in your view?

An example can be illustrated with one thing in view, say a barrel of oil, or a potato; make that two things in view.

If one person existed and one person only needs one barrel of oil to maintain life as he knows it, or she, then one person spends the entire cost of producing the barrel of oil (or a case of beer), and the potato, and that cost can be measured as the power required to produce the barrel of oil, and the potato.

The one person is both an oil producer and a potato farmer – one each is sufficient to sustain life as he or she knows it.

Then the one person can do other things, once the power required to produce the barrel of oil, and the potato is spent, and the person can now consume the barrel of oil, and the potato, for the remainder of his life – or her life.

Enter stage left, or right, as person number two arrives on the scene - power in numbers illustrated.

Now two barrels of oil are needed, and two potatoes.

What happens?

A. Person two kills person one and takes the oil and the potato, slowly by slavery, or just right off the bat (swinging it, perhaps the second person made bats)
B. Specialization, division of labor, and economies of scale

I don’t expect my viewpoint to gain currency, be well received, honored, praised, but my hope is that my viewpoint will gain accuracy, become more truthful, be more useful, gain utility, and that is why I read, and write.

I’m right here, if you haven’t noticed.
I did rather like the algae as fuel article from The Guardian. Lots of emerging technologies. Leaves one feeling almost hopeful. Movement away from Arab-dominated oil would certainly be a nice shuffling of the global deck.
Writing helps me link up with sources of data that leads to more powerful things to read and so I’m going to link a news item I picked up in the last few days, not in the last year, this news is current news, flowing like electricity, use it or lose it, it doesn’t store well as electricity – or “NEWS”.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... el-problem

Woe, woe, woe is me, costs of doing business are high, very high, how, oh how, can I cut costs, and how can I keep doing business, cheaper, and more economically minded? The German Political/Military complex in that thing called World War Two made their military fuel from coal, as synthetic oil, they did that then.
Last edited by Joe Kelley on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Kelley
All Your Posts are Belong to Us!

Unread post

I'm sorry for my manner of addressing you; it was intended to be less personally-directed, but it didn't work. And not having a full grasp of what you are getting at in your posts, I probably should have been silent. I need more explicit connections in the things I read; that's just me. I'm happy to withdraw the comment.
Dwill,

Thanks, I don't see any need to go back and study the exchange, seeking greater clarity concerning it - water under the bridge perhaps. If there is no interest in this subject, oil power, or power in general (not just oil power), then the book won't be purchased or consumed, and the discussion won't pertain to the book, or oil power, or power in general. Other things are interesting, and time and energy can be scarce stuff.

Take care,

Thanks again.
ralfy
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Crude oil production peaked in 2005. Since then, capital expenditures have doubled but leading to only a slight increase in production.

Unconventional oil has lower energy returns and will peak after only a few more years.

Finally, global economic growth requires ever-increasing oil consumption. To maintain current growth, we'll need the equivalent of one Saudi Arabia in new oil every seven years. If we use unconventional oil, we will need more.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

Joes Law: Power produced into a state of oversupply will reduce the price of power while purchasing power increases because power reduces the cost of production.
Sorry, but that statement is not worthy of an eponymous law. It is merely a rewording of the economic "law" of supply and demand, which says in general, if there is a low supply and a high demand, the price will be high. Or the greater the supply and the lower the demand, the lower the price will be. A lower price reduces cost. Duh.

Oh Lordy, you actually linked to Lindsey Williams? That crackpot has made so many false predictions it is a joke. Here's a recent one, very similar to predictions he has made repeatedly for many years.
Lindsey Williams on GoldSeek Radio speaking with Chris Waltzek on 4th December 2013 talking about a global currency reset that if the Elite have their way will take place within 90 days. He confirms this is not the collapse or a devaluation of the American dollar, but it will cause the dollar to lose its world reserve status. This will be the biggest financial event in the last 1,000 years from the prespective of Pastor Williams' Elite friends. Every person on the globe will be affected. 204 nations have agreed with the IMF (International Monetary Fund) to revalue their currencies to within 3 to 5% of each other based upon the assets of each country. This will end the currency wars and give the New World Order full control with a new gold backed currency. it will mean the US dollar will be reset down by 30% of its current value. He says that bank holidays are still another year off and that 30-50% of private, state and federal retirement funds are to be nationalised and/or confiscated between now and then.
http://www.lindseywilliams.net/lindsey- ... 2013-post/
Has any of this happened? No. But I'm sure that has not slowed the sale of his DVDs.
Jonsnow12
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Thanks; but I read very little of that link. What is the point of spreading only doom and gloom? Why not point out how the same power behind oil profits is investing that power to eliminate the competition?

Why not show how the competition continues to compete despite the power being invested toward the destruction of competition?

If you want more Read at: Scrap car removal Toronto

Why not show how doom and gloom can not only be avoided, show how it is being avoided?

What is the point of failing to see the productive path?

What is the point of only seeing the destructive path?

Which is worthy of investments in time and energy (power)?

Who profits, whose best interest, are doom, gloom, and destruction?

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”