• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Clean Water Machine

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Clean Water Machine

Unread post

This caught my eye as I was floating over the web. A car sized water purified that could be dropped into remote villages and purify 250,000 liters of water per year. It can run off solar power and purify any type of water. More kudos to Dean Kamen.

http://www.popsci.com/article/science/p ... o-millions
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Re: Clean Water Machine

Unread post

I saw this in Pop sci as well!

Great work, Dean.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
DK Mok
Getting Comfortable

Re: Clean Water Machine

Unread post

Great article! Thanks, Interbane. I thought the water-condensing billboard in Lima was very cool, but Dean's device sounds like a good portable solution, especially in places where there might be a source of water, but it's not safe to drink. Distribution and sustainability seem to be key.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science ... y-15393050
DK Mok
Author of The Other Tree and Hunt for Valamon
www.dkmok.com

Return to “Science & Technology”