• In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Assuming evolution is factual, what do you think is the next step in our evolution?

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Re: Assuming evolution is factual, what do you think is the next step in our evolution?

Unread post

More importantly, who put that stinking "discussion leader" title next to my name? I'm no stinking discussion leader.

Anyway, back to the topic, I think we're going to grow a third arm that will be used specifically for texting on cell phones and help us generally become more proficient at multi-tasking. Maybe a third eye too.
Last edited by geo on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Geo
Question everything
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Assuming evolution is factual, what do you think is the next step in our evolution?

Unread post

Ant, I assume you're joking about the stars. But in case you're not Scrumfish joined in March of 2004. You joined in June of 2011. In June of this year you'll get another star. The system is automated.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote:Ant, I assume you're joking about the stars. But in case you're not Scrumfish joined in March of 2004. You joined in June of 2011. In June of this year you'll get another star. The system is automated.
Can you bypass the automation and give me several more stars?
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

We'll be an idiocracy once computers do all the heavy thinking. The dumb ones are already breeding like rabbits.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Tooth decay will be a thing of the past because human beings will grow beaks.
Beaks don't get cavities or gingivitis. Also, polishing the outside of a beak is much easier than brushing.
Dental bills will be a thing of the past.

Beak transplants for humans that have yet to develop full beaks will be expensive but necessary.
People will have to forgo costly science degrees to afford beak transplants because survival in your environment depends more on a beak than your ability to do physics.

Just ask Johnson. For survival reasons, he'd go with the beak.
Quantum physics is of no use at the dinner table or out in the wild.
Last edited by ant on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!
United States of America

Unread post

johnson1010 wrote:Ina you FACE dexter!

haha

Scrumfish is right.
:busted:

For Scrumfish, I didn't indicate it but everyone who knew me understood it was a lame attempt at sarcasm
scrumfish
Sophomore
United States of America

Unread post

Dexter wrote:
johnson1010 wrote:Ina you FACE dexter!

haha

Scrumfish is right.
:busted:

For Scrumfish, I didn't indicate it but everyone who knew me understood it was a lame attempt at sarcasm
Hehe, I was absolutely not trying to be in your face. And yeah, I've been a member of the forum for years but have been inactive for quite a few years. I'm dipping my toes back in the waters because it's nice to be able to discuss things from the perspective of evolution as a fact without having to argue it all the time and really enjoy that about this forum. Hopefully I'll stick around long enough to enjoy your sarcastic wit. I'm a bit sarcastic myself and have to watch out for that when dealing in text format! That and my giant potty mouth.

Also, sign me up for that third arm and beak. How awesome would that be? :D
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

No way of knowing because evolution essentially describes what is seen and pieces together what was.
It is descriptive more than it is predictive. Good theories are predictive and based on mathematics.

At what point did hominids become human and was that a predictable occurrence?
Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote:No way of knowing because evolution essentially describes what is seen and pieces together what was.
It is descriptive more than it is predictive. Good theories are predictive and based on mathematics.

At what point did hominids become human and was that a predictable occurrence?
Still holding out on evolution?

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA210.html

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1 ... WMglWATWMk
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I siad it is MORE descriptive than predictive. I didnt say it's not at all predictive.
And no one here is holding out on evolution.

Dexter dont read too well, people. He just reacts a lot.

Not necessary to be Darwin's Bulldog, bruh. He already had one.

Return to “Science & Technology”