• In total there are 41 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 41 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

An Accessory for Your Book!! a/k/a Bookmark

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
WendyJoIA
Eligible to vote in book polls!

An Accessory for Your Book!! a/k/a Bookmark

Unread post

Everyone has been so welcoming when I joined back in December that I hope you don’t mind me posting this.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in October and after 2 surgeries, I had my first radiation treatment today with 34 more to go (the cancer is gone and the radiation is follow up). While I LOVE reading, at times I have found that spending time with my sewing machine is quite therapeutic as well. I know a lot of people have Nooks and Kindles but I know many still read a good old book. Would anyone be interested a bookmark? I have been making them out of quilting fabric. I have them for all ages. They are very inexpensive, cute and make nice gifts too. I gave one to my friend for her daughter (with monkeys on it) to go with a book called “5 Little Monkeys”.

Here is a link to my blog to see them: wentostitch.blogspot.com. Thanks so much.

Happy reading!
Wendy Jo
WendyJoIA

Re: An Accessory for Your Book!! a/k/a Bookmark

Unread post

thank you so much for the kind words...I appreciate them :)
DJWilde
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Wendy, kudos to you on your battle for life. Kudos for making something inspiring too. You might want to try Etsy for selling bookmarks. Make sure there are photos. My wife does crochet and makes all sorts of cool geek references out of them. I would suggest that for you too or maybe just some good ol country crafts? As form me, sorry, Have plenty of my own bookmarks that I order to go with my books.
My blog fiction and links! http://galaxyzento.blogspot.com/
WendyJoIA

Unread post

Thank you DJWilde for your kind words and for mentioning Etsy as well.

Return to “Everything Else”