• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Ch. 9: What Electric Eels Tell Us About the Evolution of Religion

#117: Feb. - April 2013 (Non-Fiction)
sonoman
All Star Member

Re: Ch. 9: What Electric Eels Tell Us About the Evolution of Religion

Unread post

geo wrote:Sonoman, here's DWill's question again:

Animism and theism are usually considered as separate, but it must be true that theism grew out of animism. Sonoman, your language isn't always easy for me to understand, but what is it exactly about an overactive agent detection device in human brains that is so implausible in explaining the origin of animism? Do I read you correctly that human perception of such spirits or forces must mean that they really exist?
Same answer for you too as I gave to Dwill. I can't reason for you and the issue for you is can your atheist philosophy explain how this former atheist is in error who was convinced of spiritual reality by undergoing three intense days and nights of spiritual revelatory bombardment and accompanying synchronicity events reinforcing the spiritual information coming into my mind completely unbidden, unprepared for in any way at all, seeing how I was an atheist for well over two decades before the experience happened to me. I not only underwent a religious conversion but came away with revelations that I need you atheists to explain how and where they came from, how I somehow was totally unaware of creating them in my atheist mind that hadn't ever thought in religious terms and was almost completely ignorant of the spiritual traditions my crash course in spiritual consciousness uploaded into my brain. For you to have any credibility at all as far as I'm concerned you've got to at least attempt answers for what happened to me. And by now I think you understand that cut-and-paste links to atheists "answers" won't cut it, do not address my experiences of spiritual contact with God and the Spirit of Christ.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Apophenia. You've already been given this answer, and have responded with nothing coherent as a counter-argument. Apophenia explains your visions and your synchronicity events. Vehement denial has been your only response. :P
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

sonoman wrote:
Same answer for you too as I gave to Dwill. I can't reason for you and the issue for you is can your atheist philosophy explain how this former atheist is in error who was convinced of spiritual reality by undergoing three intense days and nights of spiritual revelatory bombardment and accompanying synchronicity events reinforcing the spiritual information coming into my mind completely unbidden, unprepared for in any way at all, seeing how I was an atheist for well over two decades before the experience happened to me. I not only underwent a religious conversion but came away with revelations that I need you atheists to explain how and where they came from, how I somehow was totally unaware of creating them in my atheist mind that hadn't ever thought in religious terms and was almost completely ignorant of the spiritual traditions my crash course in spiritual consciousness uploaded into my brain. For you to have any credibility at all as far as I'm concerned you've got to at least attempt answers for what happened to me. And by now I think you understand that cut-and-paste links to atheists "answers" won't cut it, do not address my experiences of spiritual contact with God and the Spirit of Christ.
Well, I know someone who spent three days in a Wal-mart parking lot, and he had an epiphany too. Only his epiphany wasn't anything like yours. Last time I saw him he was mumbling something about the Grand Wazoo and the Oil of Aphrodite. But he was dead sure he was right. So while I'm sure your spiritual awakening was very meaningful for you, how do I know yours is the ONE TRUE REVELATION THAT IS BETTER THAN ALL THE OTHERS? I just have to know before I sell all of my things and join your cult. I mean, are you 100 percent sure? How do you know? Do I have to take your word on it?
-Geo
Question everything

Return to “The World Until Yesterday: What Can We Learn from Traditional Societies? - by Jared Diamond”