• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Can a CLS compete with MDs writing Medical Thrillers?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
bionov
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Can a CLS compete with MDs writing Medical Thrillers?

Unread post

As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) with a BS degree in Microbiology, I feel I know more about bacteria and viruses than most MDs. However, most medical thrillers are being written by doctors like Robin Cook, Michael Palmer and Tess Gerritsen. Robin Cook, who happens to be an Ophthalmologist, is the author of Outbreak, Contagion and Toxin which all deal with microbiology.
Therefore, I have decided to write medical thrillers. My first published novel, “Green Power”, deals with using bacteria to help mankind by using methane digesters as an alternate source of energy. However, bioterrorists get involved and make it look like this green power is the cause of an epidemic. I have completed writing my second novel, “The True Virus”, which deals with a DNA based nanocomputer which produces a real live virus that causes an epidemic. I am in the process of getting this novel published.
Therefore, my question for this discussion is; “Why can’t a CLS write a medical thriller dealing with microorganisms as good if not better than a MD?

Return to “Everything Else”