• In total there are 37 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 37 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Favorite Recipes

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Favorite Recipes

Unread post

Chris suggested this topic, and as someone has to be first, here goes" :P

Cattleman's Crock Pot Chili:

Ingredients:

2 pounds lean ground beef.
2 cans pinto beans
1 can whole, peeled tomatoes
1 medium onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced) - if you can't get fresh garlic, substitute 2 Tsp. garlic powder.
4 Tbsp. chili powder
2 Tsp cumin
1 Tsp cayene pepper

Brown ground beef in large skillet. while it is cooking ,dice tomatores; combine tomatores (with juice) and beans (with juice) in crock pot. Set pot on high to get everything started. Mix powdered spices, add to pot. When meat is almost done, add onion and garlic. After meat is browned, drain off as much grease as possibnle, and combine with other ingredients in crock pot. Add one cup water. Let cook for about two hours, and check for taste. Adjust spices if desired. If it gets too thick, add more water. Reduce to low setting and let cook about another two hours (four hours total). Garnish with original Fritos and shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Serves four to six, depending on appetite. Enjoy. :)
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Olivia22
Freshman

Re: Favorite Recipes

Unread post

Cattleman that sounds really good. Will definitely be trying that.

This is a recipe that people in my family have been making for years.

Chicken Rolls:

Ingredients:
2 cans crescent rolls
3-4 chicken breast
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 Cup milk

Boil chicken until done, usually takes about an hour. Cut up into small pieces. Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese to cubed chicken. Cook cream of chicken soup with the milk. Add remaining cheese to soup and stir until cheese is melted. Take 2 crescent rolls pinched together, fill with chicken and cheese mixture, and roll. Use both cans of crescent rolls to do this (this might seem obvious but it's amazing how many people ask about it). Pour soup/cheese mixture into casserole dish. Then place chicken rolls in the dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-45 min.

I love this recipe because you can add things and tweak the recipe as you see fit. Sometimes I use a different cheese, it's really good with mozzarella. I've also made it with cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken. One time my grandma use left over turkey from Thanksgiving instead of chicken and that was sooo tasty.
jaywalker
Experienced

Re: Favorite Recipes

Unread post

Rabbit cooked in Beer but without the Rabbit and in a glass !

Return to “Everything Else”