• In total there are 28 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 28 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Eats, Shoots & Leaves

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
usdfg
Master Debater

Eats, Shoots & Leaves

Unread post

Hey everyone, I wanted to share a book that i finished reading today! The genre is Reference/Humor, by a sensational writer named Lynne Truss, a true stickler by heart.

The book is named Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation , it is a very comical "zero tolerance guide" for grammar mistakes. Usually these types of books would not be appealing to me, however this was a present from my sister and as soon as I read the first chapter I could not put it down! The book name comes from a grammatic joke (did not even know these existed):
A panda walks into a restaurant, sits down and orders a sandwich. After he finishes eating the sandwich, the panda pulls out a gun and shoots the waiter, and then stands up to go. "Hey!" shouts the manager. "Where are you going? You just shot my waiter and you didn't pay for your sandwich!"

The panda yells back at the manager, "Hey man, I am a PANDA! Look it up!"

The manager opens his dictionary and sees the following definition for panda: "A tree-dwelling marsupial of Asian origin, characterised by distinct black and white colouring. Eats shoots and leaves."
:lol:

To anyone that has not read this yet, i highly recommend giving it a read. It really is worth the time, and it actually helped me set some grammar doubts straight that i didn't even know I had.

Have any of you read/heard about it?

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”