• In total there are 25 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

History of the Universe

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
WykenSeagrave

History of the Universe

Unread post

I'd like to suggest my new ebook 'History of the Universe'.

We are all curious about where we came from. By reviewing knowledge gained from a wide range of sciences during the past fifty years, I have pieced together the story of how we arrived here. Starting from the Big Bang I trace the way matter organised itself on both the largest and the smallest of scales.

The History of the Universe integrates a wide range of scientific, historical and social knowledge into a single unified story which not only shows us how we fit into the world around us but also uses the lessons of the past to make predictions about the future.

I have carefully selected the information which I cover to provide a succinct yet encyclopaedic view of history. The first half of the book tells the story in chronological order. The second half is a reference section which provides a glossary of key terms, with links to external sources of information.

The book is 5.2 megabytes in size and its text is extensively illustrated with over 300 diagrams and there are comprehensive links which allow for easy cross-referencing electronic readers. I introduce two innovative models, SoccEarth and PennySystem, to help the reader get a physical feeling for very small and very large objects.

This readable and accessible book is ideal both for the general reader wishing to gain an insight into science and history, as well as a reader for integrated science or Big History courses in schools or colleges It sells at a fraction of the price of other comparable books.

Reviews so far:

“I find the science fabulous (and many of the diagrams)…I think it will be an extremely useful teaching tool, particularly for those parts of the story more focussed on the natural sciences.”
Professor David Christian
Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia
President International Big History Association

“History of the Universe is a well-rounded treatment of a vast body of facts that makes an excellent point of reference for any student of Big History. The science is clearly laid out, sometimes with more detail than we could possibly hope to fit into a thirteen week entry level undergraduate course…It is a very good work and an excellent contribution to the genre.”
David Baker
Big History Student
Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia

The book is available from Amazon or the Penny Press store: http://pennypress.co.uk/store

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”