• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Instruction books on art, guitar and golf.

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
rcelano

Instruction books on art, guitar and golf.

Unread post

I have written several instruction books based on my hobbies and interests over a lifetime of learning. The books are listed below with a brief description and are available on Amazon.com, Smashwords.com and Lulu.com in several formats.

Create Realistic Portraits with Colored Pencils
With just average drawing skills you can learn how to create realistic portraits with colored pencils. Fully illustrated in color, this book will show you how. Starting with required materials and continuing with subjects such as how to compose and make your sketch, simple pencil drawing techniques, what colors you should have and how to use them to get realistic skin tones, values and contrast, and much more. Included is one of the most complete step-by-step tutorials you will find in any book. Nothing is left to chance, as possible mistakes and fixes are also discussed.

Moving Beyond the Third Fret
For many, the guitar fretboard remains a mystery. finally, a straight forward step by step approach that will have your playing all over the fretboard in no time. Using movable and repeatable patterns, this book will show you how to easily locate and play chords, scales and arpeggios in any key. It not only shows you how, but more importantly why it works. Learn the fundamentals of chord and scale relationships. Learn how chords are formulated and used in progressions. The subject of each chapter begins with a brief explanation of the music theory behind it. Fretboard diagrams show you how to apply your new found knowledge. Over 75 graduated exercises designed to help you progress through the subject matter are included. Maybe you think it is too difficult or just have not had the time to learn the fretboard. Now you can learn in your own time using the systematic methods in this book. It provides the know how you need as a curious hobbyist or as someone seeking higher goals.

Triangulate Your Golf Swing
Second Edition - How many ways are there to swing a golf club? Golf magazine writers and TV commentators certainly don't have a shortage of golf swings to analyze. So, I suppose we will never know the answer. This often creates a certain amount of confusion for the average golfer who is trying to improve their game. After years of frustrating golf and countless swing changes, I thought - there must be a simpler way to look at the golf swing. Rather than look at all the differences, I wondered instead if there are things that all professional golfers do the same that average golfers generally do not. Anyone who is serious about golf certainly needs to learn the fundamentals, but the answer I was looking for had more to do with an awareness of what I call "The Principles of Triangulation." Although inherent to all good golf swings, these principles are rarely given priority when it comes to golf analysis. I believe they are at the heart of every good golf swing and at the core of every good golf shot. This second edition continues beyond the first in that it provides the average golfer with more of an in-depth approach to game improvement. New chapters discuss game management, fine-tuning your swing, the mental aspects of the game, biomechanics and more. The Principles of Triangulation have improved my game and I sincerely hope they do the same for yours.

Golf: A Beginners Guide and Reference
A guide and reference for anyone that wants to take up the game of golf or is in a position to mentor a new player or is an experienced player who wants to contribute to making the game more fun for others. From buying equipment to learning, playing and enjoying all aspects of the game, this book discusses how to avoid the pitfalls and how to get a more pleasurable experience from the game of golf.

I have also published several related articles on my blog: http://rcelano.wordpress.com/

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”