• In total there are 17 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 17 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

What will Harold Camping say after May 21, 2011 when the Rapture doesn't occur?

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.

What will Harold Camping say after May 21, 2011 when the Rapture doesn't occur?

Poll ended at Sun May 22, 2011 1:42 am

After May 21st he will admit he made an error and is not sure where he went wrong with his math.

No votes
After May 21st he will admit an error but suddenly see his error and change the date so the waiting game can continue.

37%
After May 21st he will claim it HAS happened in a peculiar way that only him and select people can perceive.

16%
Before May 21, 2011 he will bump the date back after "discovering" a small error is his math.

11%
Harold is over 90 years old and probably won't live till May 21, 2011.

No votes
After May 21st Harold will take his own life in embarrassment or in an effort to create his own Rapture.

11%
After May 21st he will keep his mouth shut in embarrassment and give no explanations or excuses.

16%
Other - explain your prediction.

11%

Total votes: 19
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: What will Harold Camping say after May 21, 2011 when the Rapture doesn't occur?

Unread post

Monday marks the one year anniversary of this absurd non-event. I would like to know what is going on with some of the main "prophets" now that Harold Camping has stopped attempting to predict the end of the world. For example, what is this woman doing now, what does she think about her participation in this fiasco? :mrgreen:
Attachments
END OF THE WORLD.jpg
END OF THE WORLD.jpg (54.2 KiB) Viewed 3753 times
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: What will Harold Camping say after May 21, 2011 when the Rapture doesn't occur?

Unread post

Great question, LanDroid. I'd love to talk to the owner of that car today. Does she feel like a fool or has she simply changed her beliefs to adapt to this failed prediction.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

Found this, but nothing more - she is Allison Warden of Raleigh North Carolina. I expect she is keeping a very low profile. :?

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/need-to-know/un ... te/9386/#6
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Yes, I can't find contact info for her. I'd love to ask her a few questions.
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

I tried going to her website:
http://www.wecanknow.com
Last edited by tat tvam asi on Wed May 30, 2012 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madscribbler
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I know exactly what she is doing: Re-reading Jim Baker's 'I Was Wrong,' practicing Jimmy Swaggert's melodramatic, 'I Have Sinned,' speech, telling all of her friends that if she doesn't receive $1M she will be struck by lightning, and obsessing over how that blemish on the back of her hand is evidence of an impending stigmata event.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”