• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 709 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:09 am

WANTED: Non-Fiction Suggestions of FREE Books for Group Discussion

Collaborate in choosing our next NON-FICTION book for group discussion within this forum. A minimum of 5 posts is necessary to participate here!
Ban me now
Permanent Ink Finger

Re: WANTED: Non-Fiction Suggestions of FREE Books for Group Discussion

Unread post

Send me your e-mail address and it's a deal :)
"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.” Stephen King
zelda
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hi, I'm also willing to provide Smashwords coupons for electronic copies of my narrative nonfiction book No Comfort Zone: Notes on Living with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, if you would either like to read it as a group or if individuals would like to read and review it. It's not about self-help, inspiration or clinical terminology. It's about being willing to see and live with the uglier side of life.

Let me know. The Amazon link is here. (It's not in Amazon Select, so there are no issues with providing you free copies.)

Thanks for considering it.
zelda
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Ah, it seems that my tendency to lurk, rather than post, has come back to haunt me. I don't have enough postings to send personal messages in response to those I've received.

That being the case, those who are willing to review No Comfort Zone or interested in discussing it in a group can download my book from Smashwords.com during the next two weeks using the code JM68X.

Thanks for your interest.
greenmountaintree
Official Newbie!

Unread post

hi, My book is available free of cost for reading and downloading under creative commons license. Name of the book is Urban Life and Economy.

The book is about economics, ethics, culture and society. It can be read by anyone and the reader doesnt require to understand economics.

The links where you can read the book are :

http://www.urbanlifeandeconomy.net

http://www.urbanlifeandeconomy.net/p/book.html

http://issuu.com/sumee/docs/urbanlifeandeconomy
Last edited by greenmountaintree on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
heledd
Doctorate

Unread post

Life gone awry sounds good, but it's not really free, Perhaps it should be included in the ordinary non fiction section?
Life's a glitch and then you die - The Simpsons
heledd
Doctorate

Unread post

Ban me now! Just ordered your book from Amazon UK (cos U.S don't download to Africa) But why is it $9.99 on Amazon US and £1.53 on Amazon UK (about $2.47). Looks good though.
heledd
Doctorate

Unread post

Ban me now. I thought your book was well written and totally shocking. I would be willing to vote for it if it was put in either the free or not free non fiction forums because it's so cheap.
cubby1914

Unread post

FYI, Gents with No Cents: A Closer Look at Wall Street by Ron DeLegge II is available as a FREE Kindle download on the following dates: 5/11/12 and 5/18/12.

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Gents-with-No-Cen ... 6TWVU5XWC2
Attachments
Gents-With-No-Cents-Cover-Front_d4-20111104-100x150.jpg
Gents-With-No-Cents-Cover-Front_d4-20111104-100x150.jpg (59.69 KiB) Viewed 6517 times

Return to “What non-fiction book should we read and discuss next?”