• In total there are 16 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 16 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

When did you realize you are in love ?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Auggie
Official Newbie!

Re: When did you realize you are in love ?

Unread post

My mom loves to tell the story of how she picked me up from my first day of Kindergarten and I immediately said "I don't need to go back to that place." When she asked me why I apparently told her it was because they weren't going to teach me how to read.

I don't remember this, but I do remember going through all of the Serendipity and Dr. Seuss books in the house as soon as I was able to read a sentence. I also remember that the library was (and still is) my favorite place to be other than home. I've always loved books and I'm not so sure that there was ever an actual moment when I realized it. It was just natural. I like to think it's because my mom read to me consistently when I was young and took me to the library often. :) She's a big reader too. I often snatch her books when she's done with them! Thanks mom!
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
Ban me now
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

When I entered 1st grade, I was reading on a 5th grade level. Obviously, I was in love before I started school, but, that was {censored} years ago :)

I used to read under my blanket at night with a flashlight, my mom says. I guess I've always loved them.

As far as writing them, I fell in love in 7th grade, when I wrote my first 300+ page book. That was right after I found out S.E. Hinton was a 15 year old girl.
"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.” Stephen King
JaneWiggin
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I knew I was in love when I was 12, stuck in the hospital because of surgeries and I couldn't get enough to read. My poor mom. I think I nearly broke her bank that summer. Funny thing is, you know how most parents care about what you read? Like they can't have sex or violence or anything like that? Yeah, not my mom. She didn't care as long as I was reading. Something about being smart... I dunno.
If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.
Oscar Wilde

There is no friend as loyal as a book.
Ernest Hemingway

Return to “Everything Else”