• In total there are 17 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 17 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Reading for pleasure! What are you reading now?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Book Fanatic
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Re: Reading for pleasure! What are you reading now?

Unread post

I'm reading the Anne Bishop " Black Jewels" Trilogy, 3 books in one, and yesterday i realized that these are the first 3 books of a 7 book series..... wow got a long way to go...... I'm a bit more into the trilogies or series type books,
Imani Bey
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I'm deliberating between continuing reading a prominent Redwall fanfiction and reading the autobiography of Frederick Douglass.
Mistry
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I think I'm the last person in the world to be reading the Harry Potter series, I'm on the 4th book rite now, The Goblin of Fire
When people are in slaved, the first thing they do is stop them reading
Dave The Marine
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

Yes, I am finding it extremely interesting lindat_amato. I don't know what I will read next I would be interested in what she did later in life.
Ashtaroth
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I'm reading the Dune Series by Frank Herbert. I'm almost finished with Dune Messiah! I love them
Book Fanatic

Unread post

at the moment i'm reading Anne Bishops Black Jewels Series, it's 7 volumes........ and so far i'm on book 2 lol......... it's a great sicence fiction novel......... I love to usually read trilogies or series books,........... i love when the story just continues........ but i agree with you ralph......it's good to see a lot of people reading for fun and pleasure and not just because they feel they have too.......... my passions are books and music........s o i try to do a bit of both as much as i can ......... until next time

blessed be all
Book Fanatic

Unread post

i'm currently reading the Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop ... amazing book,
candy2050
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

lindad_amato wrote:I recently finished Room by Emma Donoghue. It was disturbing and I had to push myself at times to keep reading. However, the overall story is uplifting in that the mother and son maintain their relationship and seem to be able to move on.
I just want to thank you because I read your comment on here earlier. Then when I was at the library I noticed they had Room on audio. So since you had said it was little disturbing and you had to push to keep reading I thought the audio might be easier than reading. The audio was great. I really enjoyed the way they used different people for the different characters. Loved Jack.
heledd
Doctorate

Unread post

Yes, I enjoyed Room, too. took me a little while to grasp what was happening. I just finished re-reading the Corful Trilogy by gerald durrell, and am plodding along with Leviathon. Net and electric are erratic here, so can't always keep up with the discussions
Life's a glitch and then you die - The Simpsons
EndlessLaymon
Devoted Member

Unread post

Dark Tower VI Song Of Susannh by Stephen King.
It's a scary night in the lonesome October

Return to “Everything Else”