• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

What are you currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
eileeness311
Getting Comfortable

Re: What are you currently reading?

Unread post

Damifino wrote:Yesterday I started The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf.
What is this book about? I think I may have read it. I know I've read two books by her though.
Damifino
Intern

Unread post

http://www.amazon.ca/Weight-Silence-Hea ... 077832740X

Hope that helps. I am new here and not sure if posting this link is allowed. Just learning.
eileeness311
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Yep I did ready that one and if I remember right it was a good one. I dont remember it be too depressing if you do read it let me know what you think!
Randy Kadish
Cunning Linguist

Unread post

Moneyball. I'm no longer a big baseball fan, but to me much of this book is about seeing the world differently. Also, I found it interesting the way the ideas of two guys who had experienced failure came together.

Recently, I finished Open, by Agassi. A wonderful book about a lot more than tennis.

Randy
Aubrey.Alexis
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I'm currently reading Charmed Circle, a book about Gertrude Stein and her group of friends. It paints a very interesting picture of many of the famous artists and writers of the time as well as a look at Paris through two world wars. I'm enjoying it immensely.
kelstan

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

Unread post

The Devil in the White City by Erik Larsen and something by Nora Roberts (the name escapes me just now)
Srmeier73
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Emory's Gift by W. Bruce Cameron. It's his follow up to his bestselling A Dog's Purpose.
Aubrey.Alexis
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

kelstan wrote:The Devil in the White City by Erik Larsen and something by Nora Roberts (the name escapes me just now)
I read The Devil in the White City ages ago and found at first that it was the gruesome murder mystery portion that kept me involved, but by the end, it was the story of the architects of the World Fair that I enjoyed the most and stayed with me. I live in Chicago, and they do a tour now based on that book - pretty cool.
[bookworm]
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I just saw a similar post to this and answered, and now I just saw this one, so I'll paste in the same answer. :)

I'm reading a few books at the moment! One of them is READ THIS NEXT: And Discover Your 500 New Favourite Books by Sandra Newman, which is basically an excuse for me to say 'Well, I read somewhere that such and such is an amazing book and I simple had to buy it!' I'm always looking for new things to read, and rather than just browsing Amazon.com as I so often do, I thought I'd see what comes recommended from this book!

Then again, I do take notice of other recommendations, too! My best friend recommended that I read Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts, which is based on the author's life. He'd been imprisoned for 19 years, and it's the story of his when he went to Bombay after escaping, in broad daylight, from a maximum security prison! Doesn't that just grip you and make you want to read more? I love it when a book does that to me!

Also, because I'm an avid sewer and want to open up my own online craft store on Etsy, I am reading (almost finished!) Etsy Success - How To Make a Full-Time Income Selling Jewelry, Crafts, and Other Handmade Items Online by Kathleen Donovan, which is basically my way of building up my confidence and make sure I understand everything before I jump in and open the shop.

And lastly I'm reading Women of the Suffrage Movement by Lydia Bjornlund, because I find the whole fight for the equality of women and right to vote a fascinating subject and wanted to get a better insight into it! This particular book is focused on the American Women's Suffrage Movement, though I'm also very interested in the British movement, so if anyone knows any good books on the subject, please let me know!
Last edited by [bookworm] on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
kfk4life
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I'm reading Christopher Hitchens' Hitch-22, and plan on moving to Basic Writings of Nietzsche.

Return to “What are you currently reading?”