• In total there are 35 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 35 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Modeling Ships and Space Craft

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
ghagler
Getting Comfortable

Modeling Ships and Space Craft

Unread post

My new book from Springer Verlag, Modeling Ships and Space Craft: The Science and Art of Mastering the Oceans and Sky, is out!

This book examines the theory and practice behind scale model testing and the design of ocean going, air, and space craft. Fluid dynamic principles are presented in plain, non-technical language. It traces the introduction of scale model testing by William Froude at the end of the nineteenth century, the use of the Experimental Model Basin in the US at the start of the last century, the use of modeling by the Wright Brothers, the use of prototypes by Goddard, and the computational fluid dynamic models in use today.

I know. Sounds like a snooze fest but there is plenty of info about early aviators, the personalities involved in promoting the science of the day, and the way it all comes together to form a cohesive body of knowledge.

Check out my fluid dynamics blog and more info on my book.
Last edited by ghagler on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”