• In total there are 67 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 67 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Memoir/Autobio "The Poet Who Watched The Whole Parade"

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
jfloyd1976
Official Newbie!

Memoir/Autobio "The Poet Who Watched The Whole Parade"

Unread post

The Poet Who Watched The Whole Parade is an autobiography of my life written in the bildungsroman, or classic coming-of-age" style. I constructed the book with a chapter for each of the people who had the largest impact on my childhood. Between each chapter is a section of self-reflection, shedding a little light on the effect each had on my personal spiritual journey along the way. The title reflects the analogy of life to a parade, and each of us to an onlooking spectator. We witness characters enter our lives in ways that stretch our imaginations yet, in passing, we ultimately see their fleshy all-too-human underbelly. In this way, we compile what is our own story.

"The entirety of all of our stories, overlapping, intertwining, intervening, colliding, and melding comprises what we can only muster really little words to describe. Life. God. Truth. Is. Be. One. More than one syllable means that you have put too much human-borne thought into it. Sometimes I wish everyone’s life had an accompanying autobiography. Or that all our lives could be biographied together. Maybe there is a work of such art. They say “it was written”, maybe it all is. Somewhere."
- "The Poet Who Watched The Whole Parade". Excerpt from the Chapter, "Looking At Life"

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”