• In total there are 19 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

It only makes sense

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
lady of shallot

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

It only makes sense

Unread post

Let's see. Muslim fundamentalists fly two planes into the World Trade Center, killing over 3,000 and we allow a mosque to be built in the vicinity.

A wacky preacher from Florida threatens to burn a copy of the Koran. Threatens, mind you, does not carry the threat out and 10 people in Afghanistan are killed because of the THREAT to the Koran. Now wouldn't you think a more fair retribution would have been to threaten to burn a Bible? Or maybe even do so?

A friend of mine in discussing this said, very worriedly, "they just hate us" She thinks the whole world hates us. Moreover that they are justified in doing so. I pointed out to her that the only way for instance that "they" would not hate us would be for us to be them. Stoning, burqas and all.
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Re: It only makes sense

Unread post

They hate us for our freedoms. W said it best back in the bullhorn days!

My own view is that if muslims can't handle Gitmo, Abu Ghraib, show trials, multinational corporations gobbling up their resources, invasions of Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan, long term campaigns, covert and up-front to kill or topple regional leaders insufficiently fond of freedom, and the decades-long rain of USA-made weaponry that has fallen on them with as much grace as the american public has shown then to hell with them already.
The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham
lady of shallot

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

yep, Kevin, you're right. They should hate us. To Hell with us, right?
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Unread post

lady of shallot wrote:yep, Kevin, you're right. They should hate us. To Hell with us, right?
Right. And we are right and they are wrong. It's the same for everybody and for every war and intrigue ever undertaken both here and there ... so to hell to those among "us" who seek to dominate and to hell with those among "them" seeking to do the same. I'm thinking more along the line of to hell with the mindset that produces these campaigns of domination and exploitation but that's an equivocation that while true is also humanizing.
The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham
takakoanami
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I just don’t get it, what’s in those people. Why they merely settle and have peace besides (in my own understanding) we are worshiping same God it only varies in name.
I have read a line or maybe a tagline from one site while I’m browsing the web; it says “children of God must not kill children of God”..wish everyone pertain this in their lives.

Return to “Current Events & History”