• In total there are 13 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 13 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

"In the Woods" by Tana French

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
kyjake23
Eligible to vote in book polls!

"In the Woods" by Tana French

Unread post

I read Faithful Place, by the same author, when it came out last year and was pleased. Decided to give some of her earlier work a try, and while Woods is nowhere near as good, I also realize that this is her first novel. The plot thus far is a bit predictable (I'm about 100 pages from the finish), but the looks I get from those around me when I find myself reading the dialogue aloud with my best Irish accent (which isn't very good) is worth the time alone.
BretAM5
Almost Comfortable

Re: "In the Woods" by Tana French

Unread post

I loved In The Woods, and have been meaning to read her more recent books. I became more attached to the protagonist than I have to any main character in any book in a long time, and the fact that you gave Faithful Place higher marks is very encouraging. Also, I love reading about Ireland. I stop short at trying to speak like the Irish, though.
"As far as I'm concerned, the entire reason for becoming a writer is not having to get up in the morning." -Neil Gaiman

Check out my fiction blog/online notebook, Watch Your Eyes
JulianTheApostate
Masters

Re: "In the Woods" by Tana French

Unread post

I read Tana French's novel The Likeness a couple of years ago. I really enjoyed the first half of it, in terms of the writing and the situations she set up. The second half wasn't as good, but it's still worth reading. However, I wasn't enthusiastic enough to buy another of her novels.

Return to “What are you currently reading?”