• In total there are 14 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 13 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

I Strahd and Dracula in London

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Marie79
Getting Comfortable

I Strahd and Dracula in London

Unread post

Hi:

I am currently reading I Strahd: Memoirs of a Vampireby P.N. Elrod and an anthology of short stories about Count Dracula titled Dracula in London. The anthology is edited by P.N. Elrod.

The novel is interesting. I believe the main character, Strahd, is based on a character from a role-playing game. I haven't reached the point in the book where he becomes a vampire yet, but it is still a good read. Strahd is similar to Vlad Tepes, the 15th-century Transylvanian warlord, because he is stringent and, at times, intolerant.

I'm also enjoying the book of short stories. All of the stories take place in London in the 1890's. Their purpose is to explain what Dracula was doing when he wasn't being pursued by Van Helsing and the others. There are some great stories in it. Dracula meets all kinds of people including Prince Edward and the great actress Ellen Terry.

I recommend them both!

Return to “What are you currently reading?”