• In total there are 20 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

How long do you usually read in one sitting?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
CharChar84
Getting Comfortable

Re: How long do you usually read in one sitting?

Unread post

As I mentioned in another post, I have a hard time reading for long periods of time without getting tired. I think the longest I have read in one sitting was 3 hours. I'm an extremely slow reader already, so you mix that with my sleepiness during reading and that equals taking FOREVER to read a book. The current book I am reading now is 387 pages long and it's taken me 5 days to read 312 pages so far. I'm hoping to finish it up tonight or tomorrow and start on a new one!
*^*Charleen*^*
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

i'm thinking of that routine where you end up nodding off because you're too tired to read so you end up taking a whole week reading the same chapter over and over again hoping not only to get through it but even remember that you finished it. :-D
CharChar84
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

youkrst wrote:i'm thinking of that routine where you end up nodding off because you're too tired to read so you end up taking a whole week reading the same chapter over and over again hoping not only to get through it but even remember that you finished it. :-D
You are so close to hitting the nail on the head...lol...I did finally finish that book I mentioned and now my dilemma is trying to get into the new one I have chose. I HATE starting a new story...it makes me feel like I'm channel surfing or something :slap:
*^*Charleen*^*
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

it makes me feel like I'm channel surfing or something
:-D
heledd
Doctorate

Unread post

I usually wake up around 1 or 2 am, and then can't get back to sleep. So i read till it gets light, about 7 am. Though i do sometimes nod off in the middle
Life's a glitch and then you die - The Simpsons
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member
Australia

Unread post

I'm retired and I still don't have time to read for hours! Usually one or two but I'll usually put it down for a few minutes every half hour or so to rest my eyes or have a stretch. If it's a really good book I'm stuck between wanting to finish it and not wanting it to end!
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
The Unicorn Angel
My Very Naughty Pony
Murmur
Internet Sage

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote:How long do you usually read in one sitting?
Typically just one hour.
Old Reb
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Probably 2-3 hours a day, every day. In the afternoon I usually work on my other passion of doing difficult crossword puzzles like the NY Times and LA Times Sunday puzzle. I get my reading done in the evening before I turn in.
CurtAnderson
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Excellent question. Typically 45 minutes to an hour.

For me depends on a couple factors. If you are captivated by the book and can't put it down, capturing a few hours is great. But if only a few minutes allow, that works as well.

I just read Ron Chernow's, “Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr.” which was fantastic. At 750 pages on Kindle if consisted of both quickies as well as a knocking down a few hours in early morning. Here is a review on this excellent biography on John D. Rockefeller https://falconerelectronics.com/rockefeller/.
princesscookie19
Experienced

Unread post

Some days I am too ill to read a book. Most days I would read for about 1-2hours in a day.(a few chapters)-Then I bookmark the page till the next day. Once I start reading a page I can never put it down it becomes really interesting and I get really Obsessed and want to finish the book. :roll:

Currently Reading - Daisy War Chain.

Return to “Everything Else”