• In total there are 47 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 47 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Help me find where this book quote comes from

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ilanfl
Official Newbie!

Help me find where this book quote comes from

Unread post

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to find the origin of a quote that went something like this:
Every man wants his wife to be a saint and the other man's wife a whore.
I know that's just a way of stating the Madonna-Whore Complex, but still this way was different enough to be etched in my mind.

Details about this book that I'm looking for:
* I think it is Russian (not sure).
* I think it is from 100s of years ago (not sure). Anyway, it is definitely from before 1950.

I googled it far and wide, but found nothing.

Thanks,
Ilan
gesler0811
Experienced

Re: Help me find where this book quote comes from

Unread post

I've heard variations of this off and on from all kinds of sources. It never occurred to me that it might be a singular quote from a singular source.
Voodoo, zombies, artifacts, and magic: Urban fantasy with a New Orleans Flair
I am currently offering my urban fantasy novel 'Line of Sight' for only 99 cents - Buy from Smashwords and use Coupon Code CT92F
Come see why the book is getting such rave reviews! (Also available for kindle, nook, and iTunes, and as a paperback from Amazon)
Official Line of Sight Page

Return to “Everything Else”