• In total there are 16 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 16 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Hello there, I'm bilde2910!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
bilde2910
Official Newbie!

Hello there, I'm bilde2910!

Unread post

Hi there! I'm bilde2910, and I'm from that cold place up north people call Norway. Well, in the winter maybe... you see, this summer (and only this summer, normally it's cold and rainy), the part of Norway I live in has at times been warmer and sunnier than some places in southern Europe. There's been so little rain, in fact, that Sweden, our neighboring country, is fighting its second largest forest fire in modern history, covering more than 100 sq. km. That's not fun, because people have to leave their homes, in fear that they might burn down. So to you people who have had bad weather this summer - be glad that there's been at least some rain.

Anyway, enough about the weather. Who am I, really? I'm a 15 year old boy who likes fantasy books. I don't read very much, but when I find a really interesting book, sometimes I just can't stop. A good example must've been when I read the Percy Jackson series. We were on our way to the airport when I found that I had read two books in a few hours. I realized I had to stop for a bit. I only had 5 books in total. If I wanted anything to read anything while I was on vacation, I had to stop reading. Which was almost impossible, so after 5 days or so, I had finished the series. The Percy Jackson books are still my all time favorite books. The most recent book I read was Colin Frake, On Fire Mountain by Two Steps From Hell, which I plan to review shortly.

My hobbies are... well, I like doing things with computers, and I often sit down and make software. I like programming. My spare time activities are archery and orienteering. Archery is fun. You should really check it out some time if you haven't already.

I found BookTalk.org via Google. Looking for a forum about books, I stumbled across this site a little down into the results list. I figured I wanted to look at what it was, and I liked it. And here I am.

Any questions you'd like to ask? Just ask! I'm here to answer them. And I look forward to spending some time here; even if I don't post much I'd still like to read a little.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Hello there, I'm bilde2910!

Unread post

Welcome to the community! I'm not sure how many members we have from Norway but I do have some good friends from your beautiful country.

I'm not family with the Percy Jackson series so I just looked it up. It appears to be young adult literature. Fantasy is my favorite genre but my first love would be stories involving dragons, castles, swords, wizards and such. Have you read the "Guardians of the Flame" series? If not I highly recommend you give that series a shot. Joel Rosenberg is the author and the first book in the series is The Sleeping Dragon.

Welcome to BookTalk.org!
bilde2910
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hi, Chris! Percy Jackson is about Greek demigods and quests to save the world. I'd definitely recommend it. It's well fit for young adult and youth. I'll take a look at Guardians of the Flame when I can. Also, have you read the Inheritance series? It's all about dragons, magic and swords. The first book is called Eragon and the books are all written by Christopher Paolini, if I recall correctly. They're lengthy books, of the four books the third is longest with almost 1,000 pages.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

1,000 pages is long indeed!

I've not read Eragon but I've heard good things about the book and that series. Maybe I'll give it a shot soon. Thank you for the suggestion. :-)

Return to “Everything Else”