• In total there are 10 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Hello from Sunny South Carolina

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
BIVRIC
Getting Comfortable

Hello from Sunny South Carolina

Unread post

Hello Everyone,

I’m thankful to be in such good company. This is my first time here at Book Talk and I’m looking forward to meeting some awesome new authors. I’m a self published author as well and I’ve just started a new book blog where I hope to provide self published author interviews and eventually become a weekly stop for some virtual book blog tours.

I’m also an avid reader who loves Spy and Conspiracy thrillers, Mysteries, and Detective fiction and if any of those could be found in a western or sci-fi, I’d probably be interested in them as well. I’ll read just about anything as long as I can connect with the main characters.

My hope is to build some lasting social and professional relationships here with authors that have the same interests and those that can make me think!

Rich
BIVRIC is my new book blog dedicated to promoting self published authors by way of Author Interviews

Connect with me on Facebook Twitter and Google Plus and lets get some interviews posted.
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Re: Hello from Sunny South Carolina

Unread post

Hi and welcome. I am pretty new here too, but have been enjoying the site so far. I'm sure you will too.
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”
BIVRIC
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thank you. I am enjoying it here. This looks like a great place to connect with people that share similar interests.
BIVRIC is my new book blog dedicated to promoting self published authors by way of Author Interviews

Connect with me on Facebook Twitter and Google Plus and lets get some interviews posted.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Hi Rich,

Welcome to the BookTalk.org community. I hope you stick around and make yourself at home. ;-)
Brooks127
Senior
United States of America

Unread post

Hi Rich and welcome to BookTalk. Like yourself I'm into networking. I'm an independent author and too promote independent authors. My promotion website http://www.laptiast.com/

If you're still looking for interviews, I'm interested in learning more about the process.

Thanks,
--Brooks
BIVRIC
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thank you for the welcome Chris and Brooks.

Brooks, my site is pretty much like your site and it looks as though we have the same mission. I reach out to self published authors and I'm not too selective on the genre but I am looking for authors that are serious about their craft and not those that are mass producing 20 and 30 page eBooks. I don't have anything against short eBooks but I prefer to put the time in with an author that has also put the time in to refine and present a larger body of work.

My process is simple. I contact authors that I see in the FB and G+ groups that I am in and ask if they would consider doing an interview for the book they are promoting. If I get a response then I send them off a list of questions and requests for other info such as a bio, an excerpt, and their social networking links.

I think that as writers, our least favorite task is selling so I try to offer tips on how to sell without really selling. How to present their promotions to the world with the least amount of effort and which is easiest on the pocketbook.

If you visit my site you will see that it is brand new but it will soon be a regular stop for several virtual book blog tour sites which will bring lots of eyes on the interviews.

So if you know of any self published authors looking to promote their new books, send them my way.

Return to “Everything Else”