• In total there are 73 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 72 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Ever wonder what Life On Base is like - new fiction released December 2015

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.

Anyone here a Military Brat?

What's a Brat?

No votes
Army

50%
Navy

No votes
Air Force

No votes
Coasty

No votes
Marine Corps

50%

Total votes: 2
gij316
Official Newbie!

Ever wonder what Life On Base is like - new fiction released December 2015

Unread post

• In 2011 there were over 2.2 million active duty and reserve military personnel and another 91 million civilian workers engaged in military services.
• Approximately 80% of children in military families are under high school age.

Life On Base: Quantico Cave is fiction based on the reality that Military Brats (children of service men and women) live. Most of them love their time living on base, and never lose the monicker of Brat.

For Stephen, his life on base is much the same as most other children’s. The difference is in the details. Look both ways before crossing a tank path and be sure to check if the spent bullet casings you find in the long-abandoned trenches are actually empty. Sports stop at the sound of the evening trumpet call as he and his friends stand at attention while the flag is retired. Quantico Cave is a story of friendship and competition, and when Stephen meets up with a friend he once knew at a previous home station, the contest hits a whole new level that places everyone at risk.

Available at Amazon http://goo.gl/KWiOBw

How many Military Brats are here?
gij316
Official Newbie!

Re: Ever wonder what Life On Base is like - new fiction released December 2015

Unread post

Oops. :? I forgot to mention that I am the author, just in case you could not tell by my shameless self promotion.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

We welcome shameless self promotion around here!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

As a military brat myself this sounds like a great story. I was born in Fort Rucker Alabama and spent time on several military bases. My memory of those times is vague because I was quite young, but I do have memories.
gij316
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Great to meet you.

It is a bit strange how most Brats say they can remember very early times in the military. I'm not sure, but it may be due to those experiences being so very different from the rest of our lives. My father was a Marine and did not retire until I was seventeen. We spent our time on Navy and Marine bases. Never did make it to a Fort until my son joined the Army. I found out that bases and forts are very much the same.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”