• In total there are 29 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 28 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Does a Newspaper Article about a Novel help in Choosing a Book?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
bionov
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Does a Newspaper Article about a Novel help in Choosing a Book?

Unread post

With the age of the internet, would you still depend on a newspaper article or review to help you find a book to read? Or, do you use the internet exclusively and forums like this to get the information you need in choosing a book? Maybe you just browse through the books in a bookstore. Anyway, check out my blog below to find an article written about both myself and the environmental thriller novel, “Green Power”, to see if it catches your attention.
http://ajongp.blogspot.com/
bionov
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Re: Does a Newspaper Article about a Novel help in Choosing a Book?

Unread post

While participating at a recent book fair, I sold a number of copies of my novel, “Green Power”. One individual, who bought my book, mentioned that she remembered reading the newspaper article about me and my novel. So even though it had been a few years since the editorial was written, it resulted in a sale for me.
Carlotta Melzi
Master Debater

Unread post

Even if I mostly read ebooks, I still read 2 newspapers everyday.
I spend at least a hour (often more) every Sunday reading the Sunday literary supplements.
I love them. Maybe because I have more time, maybe because reading a newspaper it's relaxing, but I choose a lot of books reading newspapers articles.
A sensual woman enjoys tasty, spicy foods as she enjoys tasting voluptuous male bodies.
A Dinner in Bellagio by Carlotta Melzi d'Este
DJWilde
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

All of the above. While my local newspaper here is unlikely to be interested, I've had good luck with the local television station. I was put on this area's "good morning" segment for my first book signing. Didn't get me lots of extra people but it did get the word out. I can tell people recognize me as I'm out and about. What this really does is help you work on a local fanbase (which everyone should have). Local base helps generate word of mouth and builds reputation. You know what else helps? Don't be a recluse. Go out and get involved in your community. Introduce yourself and get people interested in YOU.
My blog fiction and links! http://galaxyzento.blogspot.com/
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member
Australia

Unread post

I agree - you have to get your name out there. It helps to start locally with library, local bookstore events etc but getting the message further afield can be hard. I think if someone sees your book in the shop and remembers reading something about it they are more likely to buy.
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
The Unicorn Angel
My Very Naughty Pony

Return to “Everything Else”