• In total there are 7 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
charliespeaks
Getting Comfortable

Currently reading?

Unread post

I'm not sure if this is already a thread and if it is I appologize.

What are you reading right now and what are you thinking of it so far? maybe a brief summary? was it a referred work or just something you picked up? Would you suggest it to others? (Not all of these need to be answerred just posting some ideas :-))

I'm currently reading Snow by Orhan Pamuk, its very good so far, not my usual kind of novel but I'm enjoying it. I'd suggest it to those that enjoy edgy topics and don't mind a few unorthodox names here and there
Moon Knight
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

There is a "Currently Reading" thread in the non-fiction section but not one in the fiction section it seems.

Maybe someone could move this to the fiction section since this would be a nice topic to have.

Could you expound on what makes Snow edgy and not your usual kind of novel, without giving away too much of the plot?
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

Hello Moon Knight,

It's always a good idea to ask people what they are reading, and it's quite allright for a new member not to know where those threads are.

This goes under "General Discussion."

I personally am reading "Possession", by A.S Byatt, and "After Empire" (non fiction).

Please use the following link to continue this discussion:

http://www.booktalk.org/reading-for-ple ... t4683.html
Ophelia.
Moon Knight
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Ophelia wrote:Hello Moon Knight,

It's always a good idea to ask people what they are reading, and it's quite allright for a new member not to know where those threads are.

This goes under "General Discussion."

I personally am reading "Possession", by A.S Byatt, and "After Empire" (non fiction).

Please use the following link to continue this discussion:

http://www.booktalk.org/reading-for-ple ... t4683.html
Sorry, I guess. My aim was not to by any means to rebuke though that is apparently how it came across to you. I said it was a good topic idea, and never did I say I thought her to blame for posting it in the possibly incorrect section.

*shrugs*
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

Sorry, I guess. My aim was not to by any means to rebuke though that is apparently how it came across to you. I said it was a good topic idea, and never did I say I thought her to blame for posting it in the possibly incorrect section.

*shrugs*
Hey guys, I really meant that everything was allright , no one had made any mistake and I was happy to give information. No irony, no rebuking anybody.
Moon Knight, I'm happy to see new members joining Booktalk, just keep posting everybody!

:smile:
Ophelia.
Ashleigh
All Star Member

Unread post

Currently reading Sylvia by Bryce Courtenay
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Unread post

Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
amielou
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

American Wife by Curtis Sittenfield.

Very interesting read, although a bit bogged down in details sometimes.
Rose Kolarich
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

I'm reading "Emile" by Jean Jaques Rousseau and "Walden" by Henry David Thoreau, it was quite coincidental my picking up both these books at round about the same time, but I'm finding that they complement each other pretty well, perhaps Thoreau went via Rousseau in the process of developing his own distinctive point-of-view.

I realise that both of these books would probably better fit under the non-fiction section because both come under the genre of, I guess what would be termed practical philosophy, "Walden" is, in addition, an autobiographical account of Thoreau's two year experiment in being an extreme self-made man. But I'll put them under the fiction thread since I'm mainly a fiction reader, and also because these writers both speculate so much on ideal ways of living. I think that sometimes the line between philosophy and fiction can get a bit blurry.
Grim

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant

Unread post

Now I am reading a book called Marx and Freedom it is very good. Check my entire shelf out @ http://www.anobii.com/grims/books

Return to “What are you currently reading?”