• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 709 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:09 am

Ch. 4 - Some minds on religion

#39: July - Oct. 2007 (Non-Fiction)
Niall001
Stupendously Brilliant

Unread post

No problem George! I rarely change my mind about anything, but when I do, I'm always a little bit happy because it shows that I am actually thinking after all. So congrats on the change of mind!

As for the Tigers, I'm thinking of suggesting that we read Robert Pape's Dying to Win early next year. Apparently Pape covers The Tamil Tigers in it, though I'm not sure to what extent.
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

Niall001 wrote:No problem George! I rarely change my mind about anything, but when I do, I'm always a little bit happy because it shows that I am actually thinking after all. So congrats on the change of mind!

As for the Tigers, I'm thinking of suggesting that we read Robert Pape's Dying to Win early next year. Apparently Pape covers The Tamil Tigers in it, though I'm not sure to what extent.
Like you, I don't change my mind that often. However, all my opinions are provisional and may change based on new information. So, thanks for the new information.

I might be interested in reading Pape's book, although I'm a bit dubious about his thesis that all of these types of terrorist acts fit into a particular model (at least, that's what I understand his thesis to be). But it sounds like a good candidate for the non-fiction category.

George
George Ricker

"Nothing about atheism prevents me from thinking about any idea. It is the very epitome of freethought. Atheism imposes no dogma and seeks no power over others."

mere atheism: no gods

Return to “Godless in America: Conversations With an Atheist - by George A. Ricker”