• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 756 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:41 am

Ch. 10 - A godless life

#39: July - Oct. 2007 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Ch. 10 - A godless life

Unread post

This thread is for discussing Chapter 10: A godless life.
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Re: Ch. 10 - A godless life

Unread post

Author's note:This is the last chapter in my testimonial to atheism. I almost called it "The joy of atheism" but thought that might be a bit over the top. Here I discuss the fallacy that atheists cannot lead lives that are meaningful or productive and cannot find happiness. I write about the search for "God" as a philosophical snipe hunt. I note that atheism is not a negative attitude and may lead to very positive results. Atheism can be the starting point of a life that is full and rewarding. George http://www.godlessinamerica.com"Godlessness is not about denying the existence of nonsensical beings. It is the starting point for living life without them."Godless in America by George A. Ricker
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Re: Ch. 10 - A godless life

Unread post

Atheism for me was my default position and it was maintained throughout my lifetime, anyone who knows me can tell you that I am full of purpose and happiness and am a living testament that religion is not necessary for such passion. I also find that I am mentally stronger than the vast majority of people I come across, I cannot really say if this is because of atheism, experience or just a lucky genetic draw, but it shows more than ever now that I am in training again and have some ability to compare my standing to others of similar merit. I personally find that asking for strength from a higher power seems to be a waste of effort and I have seen it fail time and time again. But asking myself for extra effort can often times grant me the strength I need to succeed in the face of adversity.Later Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a wellpreserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,shouting..."Holy Crap...what a ride!"

Return to “Godless in America: Conversations With an Atheist - by George A. Ricker”