|Advertising Information for Authors & Publishers
BookTalk.org welcomes authors and publishers to use our community as a marketing tool to reach a vast audience of book lovers. While your best option is to purchase ad space we do offer a few free alternatives explained below.
OPTION 1: Buy Advertisement Space
If you'd like your book, product, service or website to receive maximum exposure then purchase an ad. Our rates are lower than what you'd expect for such a high-traffic website. We have numerous advertisers that have been advertising consistently with BookTalk.org for over 3.5 years. BookTalk.org boasts over 12,000 members between our forums and Facebook page, a Google Page Rank of 5, and between 300,000 and 500,000 monthly page views.
OPTION 2: Tell Us About Your Books On Our Forums
A free complement to paid advertising is the opportunity to tell us about your books on our forums. Our book discussion forums are free and open to anyone including authors and publishers. Just register a free forum account and tell us about your books in either the Fiction Book Forum or Non-Fiction Book Forum.
Please do not post about your books in the Introduce Yourself forum and do not introduce yourself if you have no intention of interacting with members. If you're here just to tell us about your books (and this is perfectly acceptable) go straight to the Fiction Book Forum or Non-Fiction Book Forum and skip the personal introduction. When on the forums please follow our simple RULES especially Rule #2.
OPTION 3: Mail Us 2 Or More Copies Of Your Print Book And We'll Advertise It
If you send us 2 or more copies of your print book we'll advertise it on our Featured Books page permanently. All you have to do is mail the books to the PRIMARY MAILING ADDRESS or SECONDARY MAILING ADDRESS shown below and within a few days of us receiving the books your ad will be published.
Please do not email and ask if we want a few copies of your book. Just mail them. Also, please do not email asking if we received the books. Your books will be advertised as soon as we receive them. We do not send out an email once your ad is up. Mail the books and check the Featured Books page a few days after you believe we should have received your books and you will see your book displayed. We advertise books for free as a service to authors so help make the process easy on us by following these simple rules. The fewer emails the easier it is for us to help authors.
In exchange for books mailed to us we're only promising ad space on our Featured Books page (Google Page Rank 4) and not ad space in the "Featured Books" section of our Home page. Books displayed in the "Featured Books" section of our Home page are reserved for paying advertisers. If you're interested in this Home page ad spot visit our Advertise page and purchase the "Featured Books" ad. View our stats to see the value in having your book featured prominently on our Home page. We are not offering book reviews at this time but this is something we do plan to offer in the future.
1. Your book must be available for purchase as a PRINT book on Amazon.com with an ISBN number. If your book is only available as an eBook your options are to purchase an ad and/or tell us about your book on our forums.
2. You'll be mailing the books to a United States Post Office so if you're using FedEx or UPS you'll want to mail the books to the SECONDARY MAILING ADDRESS shown at the bottom of this page. You cannot mail to a US Post Office using FedEx or UPS so you need to mail to our SECONDARY MAILING ADDRESS.
3. The books must be brand new, in mint condition, unblemished by stickers or other damage, not review copies, advanced reader copies, galley proofs or unedited proofs. Please package the books properly using adequate padding so that they don't arrive with damage of any sort including, but not limited to, tears, scratches, bends or smashed corners or binding. Books tucked into Priority Mail envelopes with no additional wrapping or padding almost always arive damaged. We will not advertise damaged books.
4. We will not advertise any book that we consider to be of extremely low quality. We're here to help real authors of real books.
5. If you autograph the book make the autograph generic so that it applies to anyone. Do not address the autograph to Chris O'Connor, "BookTalk.org member," or anyone in particular.
PRIMARY MAILING ADDRESS - for all mail and packages that CAN be delivered to a US Post Office. NOTE: FedEx and UPS will NOT deliver to a Post Office.
PO Box 664
Palm Harbor, FL 34682-0664
SECONDAY MAILING ADDRESS - for packages that CANNOT be delivered to a US Post Office such as FedEx, UPS, etc...
495 Alt. 19 #664
Palm Harbor, FL 34683