• In total there are 22 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 22 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Attention Climate Change Green Thumb Heroes - No more Summer BBQs Please

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Attention Climate Change Green Thumb Heroes - No more Summer BBQs Please

Unread post

http://m.motherjones.com/blue-marble/20 ... moky-truth

Bbq emmits as much carbon as a large coal factory.

You will no longer plan family BBQs after hearing about this, right?

Im a climate change admitter and a luke warmest in that I am skeptical humans are strictly responsible. But just that alone makes me a climate change denier.

One of the great summer american pastimes has been declared hazardous to the planet.
Enjoy your veggie burgers.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: Attention Climate Change Green Thumb Heroes - No more Summer BBQs Please

Unread post

It isn't really that barbecuing has been "declared" hazardous, but that unsurprisingly it accounts for lots of carbon going into the atmosphere, just like so many other of our activities or the activities (i.e. farting) of our livestock. My personal villain is the lawnmower, probably because I have to push one so much in my yard. I'd be willing to bet that compared to lawnmower emissions those of gas grills are minute. I don't own a gas grill, or a string trimmer, because I dislike having unnecessary equipment that won't last long anyway.

http://www.cleanairyardcare.ca/sustaina ... tal-facts/
Last edited by DWill on Mon May 30, 2016 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Science & Technology”