• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Astrotheology in John's Prologue

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Astrotheology in John's Prologue

Unread post

Astrotheological commentary on the Prologue to the Gospel of John

A preliminary stellar reading of the Logos text.
1:1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 1:2The same was in the beginning with God. 1:3All things were made through him. Without him was not anything made that has been made. 1:4In him was life, and the life was the light of men. 1:5The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness hasn't overcome it. 1:6There came a man, sent from God, whose name was John. 1:7The same came as a witness, that he might testify about the light, that all might believe through him. 1:8He was not the light, but was sent that he might testify about the light. 1:9The true light that enlightens everyone was coming into the world.
This passage may be read as compatible with modern physics by seeing it as a natural cosmic explanation of the doctrine of the trinity. God the Father is the universe, Jesus Christ is the earth, and the Holy Spirit is the reverberation between the earth and the universe. Describing the Father as the universe also enables a search for how the universal energy is manifest in smaller entities such as our galaxy and solar system which reflect the whole at our local scale. The Word of God is how our planet earth relates to the universe, a framework that enables the economy of the trinity to be explained in natural terms.

The Word is a translation of the Greek term Logos, which also means reason, logic, and in Martin Heidegger’s unique formulation, the original connecting connectedness of Being. The Logos is Christ, understood as cosmic reason. The three persons of the trinity, Father, Son and Spirit, represent respectively nature, reason and truth, with truth (Spirit) the reverberation between earthly reason (Son) and cosmic nature (Father). Heidegger saw this cosmic trinity in the Greek words physis (nature), logos (reason) and aletheia (truth) but insisted that truth is unhiddenness of nature, not just our existing concepts.

The concept of logos, understood as rational connection with original being, invites us to look for rational temporal structures of the earth. The main such structure, operating with stable Newtonian regularity, is the spin wobble of earth’s axis, the torque of the earth, the Platonic Great Year of 25765 years, divided in twelve Ages of the Zodiac of 2147 years each. It is indeed true, in the terms of John’s Prologue, that without the torque of the earth nothing on earth came into being. The torque of earth’s axis aggregates all other terrestrial movement as the ultimate framework for time and emergence. It appears that this terrestrial structure has been stable since the stabilization of the solar system when Jupiter and Saturn pushed Neptune outside the orbit of Ouranos four billion years ago.

John’s term translated at verse 2 as “the same” was a major theme in ancient cosmology, defined by Plato in The Timaeus as the realm of the fixed stars, in contrast to the solar system defined as the realm of the different. Plato says that understanding the relation between the same and the different is the main task of philosophy. Hence the question of the wisdom of precession, which relates the earth to the slow movement of the zodiac and the poles, is at the center of the relation between philosophy and astronomy. The appearance of this motif of the same in the second verse of the Gospel of John also makes precession central to Christianity.

Jesus Christ, as the Word of God, marks the central moment in precessional time, the moment of transition from one Great Year to the next, when the March equinox precessed from the sign of Aries, last age of the previous Great Year, into the sign of Pisces, first Age of the new Great Year. Hence Jesus Christ is celebrated as the Alpha and the Omega, the last and first, the beginning and the end. These are not amorphous terms of metaphysics but precise descriptions of a cosmic observation. The “light that shines in the darkness” at the time of Christ is the moment of cosmic unity as the stars match the seasons, as the constellations of the zodiac directly align to the seasons of the earth for the only time in 25765 years. Since the time of Christ the constellations have slipped almost one sign behind the turning points of the equinoxes and solstices, and will take almost a further 24,000 years to return to the beginning again. This cycle is at the source of the myth of the eternal return of the same.

We can consider John’s idea of light shining in the darkness against the Vedic cycle of precessional ages, whereby the Golden Age of knowledge of God was marked by the time when Canopus and Vega formed earth’s Pole Star axis about 14,000 years ago, and the Iron Age of ignorance of God reached its low point when Canopus and Vega were furthest from the celestial poles in about 500 AD. Jesus Christ, as the light shining in darkness, is the representative of the Golden Age in the midst of the Iron Age, the beyond in the midst of the world, providing the messianic secret of the salvation of humanity through attunement to the cosmos.

The Great Year cycle has repeated some 170,000 times since the origin of life on earth four billion years ago. The notion that the Great Year has a structure with a start and end point coheres with Christian and Vedic metaphysics while raising a difficult scientific and philosophical problem as to why one moment of the cycle should be any different from any other. These cyclic differences can be studied in terms of mythical symbolism, as a way to explore the structure of time as history surrounded by eternity.

The testimony of John, as one called to describe the Logos, describes a universal enlightenment of rational understanding of the relation between the earth and the universe. This understanding is claimed to be incarnate in Jesus Christ, but the sense that Christ incarnated a moment of cosmic unity does not necessarily mean that Jesus was an actual person. Whether Jesus and John were actual individual human beings remains unknown. Both enter long lineages of astrotheological wisdom, combining secret knowledge from all the cultures that surrounded the Holy Land, at a time when this knowledge was under attack from the forces of ignorance represented by Greece and Rome. The identity of Jesus and John is primarily cosmic, and the question of how much of the Gospel is fiction and how much is fact does not affect this cosmic identity, either in the identity of John as the summer solstice and Jesus as the winter solstice of the annual cycle, or as their identities as the harbinger and center of the Great Year.
1:10He was in the world, and the world was made through him, and the world knew him not. 1:11He came to his own, and those who were his own didn't receive him. 1:12But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God's children, to those who believe in his name: 1:13who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 1:14The Word became flesh, and lived among us. We saw his glory, such glory as of the one and only Son of the Father, full of grace and truth.
Christ, as the moment of unity between the earth and the cosmos, incarnated the essential core identity of human life, but opening to such a large and slow cosmic frame that it was entirely beyond the limited human minds of his day to understand, except within a tradition that was not able to transmit its vision to posterity except in code. Happily for us this code is easily cracked. In the terms of verse 10, precession was in the world, and the world was made through precession, but the world did not know precession. The forgetting of precession in western thought meant that the world did not know God. John’s invocation of belief as the criterion of salvation expresses a sense of the first step on a long path back to planetary knowledge of God. The new age of Pisces expressed its religious identity in terms of a shared belief in what John called the glorious grace and truth of God, but John, and more acutely Jesus himself, recognized this grace and truth would remain hidden until the end of the age.
Grace is fate, the inexorable will of the cosmos, as our existence is entirely enabled by the confluence of cosmic forces which enable our planet to support complex life. Continuing the Christian scheme of grace as a structural framework, we may say we live in a state of grace, ie harmony with nature, except where we are subject to the destructive extinctive forces of the pervasive state of corruption darkening the world. In scientific terms the state of grace is the homeostasis of an evolutionarily stable strategy, the capacity of life to regulate its environment, and the human ability to create a world of peace and love. Disruption of Gaian homeostasis disrupts the state of grace on which our planet relies to support our complex lives. We can choose to align our lives to the real cosmic path of grace, or to create our own path of corruption.
1:15John testified about him. He cried out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me, for he was before me.'" 1:16From his fullness we all received grace upon grace. 1:17For the law was given through Moses. Grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 1:18No one has seen God at any time. The one and only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.
Cosmic attunement, the fullness of Christ, is described by John as grace upon grace. Moses, multicultural avatar of the Age of Aries from 2147BC to 0, gave the law, incarnating the identity of the Arian theme of pure being. Replacement of law by grace as the cosmic zeitgeist or spirit of the age indicates the transition from the Age of Aries to the Age of Pisces. The Age of Pisces is equally the Age of Virgo, its opposite sign marking the September equinox point. For the Pisces-Virgo Age, mystical belief and compassion (Pisces) together with analytical fertility (Virgo) were identified as the paths by which humanity could encounter the divine. As we now come to the end of the Pisces-Virgo Age and approach the dawn of the Age of Aquarius-Leo 2147 years after the start of the Age of Pisces-Virgo, we may expect that the Aquarian principle of innovative humanitarian knowledge will replace the Piscean theme of mystical belief as the driving force of human cultural evolution. The simultaneous shift of the September equinox from Virgo to Leo can be similarly considered against the thematic meaning of these signs in the annual cycle, as the slow shift of the spirit of the age from the Virgo theme of analysis to the Leo theme of will.

The precessional wobble of the earth is indeed ‘in the bosom of the galaxy’, marking the slow, regular and repetitive change of earth’s temporal position against the fixed stars, just as John says Jesus is in the bosom of God.
1:19This is John's testimony, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, "Who are you?" 1:20He confessed, and didn't deny, but he confessed, "I am not the Christ." 1:21They asked him, "What then? Are you Elijah?" He said, "I am not." "Are you the Prophet?" He answered, "No." 1:22They said therefore to him, "Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?" 1:23He said, "I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'Make straight the way of the Lord,' as Isaiah the prophet said."
The prophetic lineage within Judaism indicates a special connection between Jewish monotheism, the strong sense of the unity and goodness of God, the firm expectation of the advent of Christ as a heavenly messiah on earth, and, although unrecognized by the Christian church, the actual cosmic rhythms which mark the structure of time. John’s status as pariah in the wilderness indicates the unacceptability of his cosmic vision to the world of his day. Making straight the way of the Lord means understanding how our planet fits in the universe.
1:24The ones who had been sent were from the Pharisees. 1:25They asked him, "Why then do you baptize, if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?" 1:26John answered them, "I baptize in water, but among you stands one whom you don't know. 1:27He is the one who comes after me, who is preferred before me, whose sandal strap I'm not worthy to loosen." 1:28These things were done in Bethany beyond the Jordan, where John was baptizing.
The sense here is that a prophet could point to a bigger reality, that the messianic message had a cosmic identity. John’s observation that the Jews do not know Jesus indicates to me a possible chink to explain how Jesus may have actually existed despite the complete absence of any historical evidence for his life. If Jesus understood this cosmic precessional vision, that was something so incomprehensible and invisible to ordinary minds that he may well have remained entirely invisible to history at his time. However, the essential core truth of his message, the relation between humanity and time, provided a framework of rock upon which all the messianic dreams could be built.
1:29The next day, he saw Jesus coming to him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 1:30This is he of whom I said, 'After me comes a man who is preferred before me, for he was before me.' 1:31I didn't know him, but for this reason I came baptizing in water: that he would be revealed to Israel." 1:32John testified, saying, "I have seen the Spirit descending like a dove out of heaven, and it remained on him. 1:33I didn't recognize him, but he who sent me to baptize in water, he said to me, 'On whomever you will see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he who baptizes in the Holy Spirit.' 1:34I have seen, and have testified that this is the Son of God." 1:35Again, the next day, John was standing with two of his disciples, 1:36and he looked at Jesus as he walked, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God!"
Baptism in the Holy Spirit intentionally connects each individual to the enduring reverberation between the earth and the cosmos. The motif of the Lamb of God, the redeeming source of baptismal grace, is in one sense the omega or completion symbol of the then-ending Zodiacal Age of Aries, showing how Jesus fulfilled and collected all that had happened before. The Lamb of God also symbolizes Aries as the first sign of each new year, the breaking open of time with the replacement of winter by spring.

This forward and backward motion of the sign of the lamb, rather like angels climbing and descending, provides a look in to the dynamic geometry of terrestrial mechanics. All of the periods of the Great Year can be divided into harmonic components, with the forward and reverse cycles inter-penetrating through the meshing of the precession and the annual cycle. Ezekiel had described this interpenetration of cosmic cycles with his vision of wheels within wheels, framed in heaven by the four corners of the zodiac at the fixed signs of the bull, the lion, the eagle/scorpion and the man bearing water. This should all be considered as a mathematical structure, seeking a coherent spatial and temporal analysis, while recognizing that gravitational cycles are too weak to have easily perceptible effects on earth except in the very long term.

I have now proved that the Zodiacal Age is the physical and temporal resonance between the main cycles of the earth and the solar system, but the weakness and slowness of solar system cycles as determinants of terrestrial evolution means that the proof remains mathematical rather than observational, except at the mythic level discussed here.

As Tat Tvam Asi has argued, John’s claim that Christ comes before and after him can readily be interpreted against their solstice feast days in summer and winter as describing the real cyclical nature of time with its main annual turning points at the solstices.
1:49Nathanael answered him, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God! You are King of Israel!" 1:50Jesus answered him, "Because I told you, 'I saw you underneath the fig tree,' do you believe? You will see greater things than these!" 1:51He said to him, "Most assuredly, I tell you, hereafter you will see heaven opened, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man."
Jumping now to the end of chapter one of John’s Gospel, the statement by Jesus that Nathanael will see heaven opened is a direct invitation from Christ for an astrotheological reading. In terms of elegance and parsimony, interpreting Jesus’ reference to ‘seeing heaven opened’ as a reference to understanding the movement of the stars is vastly preferable to the conventional Christian idea of heaven as an invisible abode for good souls after death.

This striking image, seeing heaven opened, is similar to how Jesus looks to heaven before performing the heavily symbolic miracle of the loaves and fishes. In this miracle Jesus invokes the Easter cosmic axis of the sun and moon as the means to produce abundant wealth through pure faith. This miracle is worth study in depth, as it appears in all four gospels, twice in Mark, indicating its centrality to the doctrine of Christ. It appears in John 6 as follows:
6:5Jesus therefore lifting up his eyes, and seeing that a great multitude was coming to him, said to Philip, "Where are we to buy bread, that these may eat?" 6:6This he said to test him, for he himself knew what he would do. 6:7Philip answered him, "Two hundred denarii worth of bread is not sufficient for them, that everyone of them may receive a little." 6:8One of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, said to him, 6:9"There is a boy here who has five barley loaves and two fish, but what are these among so many?" 6:10Jesus said, "Have the people sit down." Now there was much grass in that place. So the men sat down, in number about five thousand. 6:11Jesus took the loaves; and having given thanks, he distributed to the disciples, and the disciples to those who were sitting down; likewise also of the fish as much as they desired. 6:12When they were filled, he said to his disciples, "Gather up the broken pieces which are left over, that nothing be lost." 6:13So they gathered them up, and filled twelve baskets with broken pieces from the five barley loaves, which were left over by those who had eaten. 6:14When therefore the people saw the sign which Jesus did, they said, "This is truly the prophet who comes into the world." 6:15Jesus therefore, perceiving that they were about to come and take him by force, to make him king, withdrew again to the mountain by himself.
In an astrotheological reading, the multitude of 5000 men are the visible stars of the sky, the five loaves are the five visible planets, the two fish are the sun and moon, and the twelve baskets of broken bread are the twelve signs of the zodiac, each of which cyclically contains the five planets. The Great Year axis is defined in the symbolism of the loaves and fishes as the shift of the equinox from its previous Aries-Libra axis into the New Age of Pisces-Virgo, marked by Virgo the Virgin, with its central star Spica the ear of wheat, and Pisces the two fishes, with one fish crossing the ecliptic at the equinoctial point of the time of Christ and the other fish extending along the ecliptic to the circlet of stars where the equinox now occurs.
Easter, by church calculation, is the moment in the year when the sun is in the constellation of Pisces and the Full Moon is opposite the sun in Virgo. The Age of Pisces-Virgo is defined as the period during which the equinoxes precess through these two constellations. In his miracle of the loaves and fishes Jesus makes something from nothing to indicate that attunement to the cosmic process is the source of the creativity and love of God.

Returning to the description of the messianic secret of opening heaven provided by Jesus to Nathanael at the end of the first chapter of the gospel of John, we can say that if the Son of Man is the structure of terrestrial time, and the angels are the cycles within this structure, then indeed we see the ascent and descent of such structures in the interplay between the precession and the annual cycle, as these natural cycles can be understood as the markers of human connection with the future and the past.

One way to explain this metaphor of cosmic ladders comes from the Norse Valhalla, which can be examined to look for an underlying cosmic message. Valhalla has 540 gates, a number that is one quarter of the 2160 years traditionally understood as the period of the Age. We know now that the age is actually 2147 years long. Looking to explain the corresponding Valhalla cosmic period of 537 years, we find there is a triple helix formed by Jupiter and Saturn, a set of three ladders in time, each with nine rungs, formed by the conjunctions of Jupiter and Saturn every 19.85 years (the conventional period of 20 years gives the 540 total). Like Jacob’s Ladder and the Mayan K’atun, the three braided rope ladders of Valhalla, each with helical rungs every 60 years, can be considered as the cosmic frame for the ascent and descent of angels, understood as a purely natural metaphor. Each third rung of Odin’s three ladders, in a fact which the ancients could hardly have known, marks a recurring triple alignment between Jupiter, Saturn and Neptune, the hidden modulator of the solar system.

Norse mythology describes these three ladders as the rope cross of Odin upon the world tree Yggdrasil, providing a possible vision of how Jupiter and Saturn enframe cosmic time. I know this sounds fanciful, but it describes an actual cosmic structure which can readily be proved as a physical reality. Yggdrasil bookends the Bible, appearing as the tree of life in Genesis, where it stands with the Tree of Knowledge in the Garden of Eden, and in Revelation, where the tree of life stands at the center of the holy city with the fountain of the water of life.

This helical model of the main structure of time of the solar system as the tree of life is easy to build, and I have made a prototype photographed in my essay on the gas giants, the holy city and the great year. However, the conceptual jolt associated with ‘seeing heaven opened’ in the terms of the Gospel of John appears to have been too much to enable others to join me in systematic research into these findings to date.

Robert John Tulip
25 December 2009
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Re: Astrotheology in John's Prologue

Unread post

Hey Robert, I think that I'll add some more to this discussion and see if anyone can manage to understand what in the world we're talking about? :lol:

Here's a link to an interesting program narrated by James Earl Jones about precession called "The Great Year". If anyone wants to catch up on what the Great Year is, in order to better follow the conversation, this program is a must: The Great Year

That out of the way, I can see that the prologue to the book of John contains much in the way of astrological symbolism. When John says that Jesus is he who comes after John and yet was before John, we can see a correspondence between the bible placing Johns birth after the summer solstice and Jesus' birth coming six months after Johns:
The birth of John the Baptist is detailed in Luke chapter 1.

The Catholic Encyclopedia claims that the CONCEPTION of John the Baptist was September 24th.

While the Roman Catholic feast celebrating his birth, known as St. John's Day, is June 24th - 3 days after the summer solstice.

This puts Jesus' birthday, which the bible says is 6 months after John the Baptists' at Christmas.

Luke 1:36 (KJV) "And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren."

This scripture is talking to Mary, Jesus' mum, Elisabeth is John the Baptists mum while the 6th month refers to her pregnancy with him. Mary conceived Jesus shortly after this conversation.

So, we have John the Baptist born at the summer solstice and 6 months later we have Jesus born at the winter solstice.

"The Nativity of St John the Baptist is one of the oldest festivals of the Christian church"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nativity_o ... he_Baptist
So, when looking at how Jesus and John were used to represent the solstices it's quite understandable that Jesus comes both before and after John:

Winter Solstice (Jesus) > Summer Solstice (John) > Winter Solstice (Jesus)

But there's also more depth to the astrological symbolism. John is used to represent the sign of Aquarius as well. Jesus is born at the winter solstice in the sign of Capricorn and remains in that sign for the first 12 years of his life in the storyline which goes to the age 12 meeting in the temple scene. He's still in the first 1/12th of the suns ascent from winter solstice through the annual year. Immediately, Jesus' age jumps from 12 to 30 as we move from the first 1/12th of the zodiac to entering the next sign of Aquarius at 30 degrees. John the Baptist enters the scene. Here the writers have made it obvious enough that they're using John the baptist to represent the sign of Aquarius as well. He's the water man!

When stepping back and considering the Great Year where the signs of the zodiac are running in reverse order, the age of Pisces comes before the age of Aquarius, but during the annual year the sign of Pisces comes after the sign of Aquarius. Jesus personifies the current age of Pisces which began around the beginning of the modern era, exactly when Jesus is said to have been born:

Annual Year - Aquarius (John) > Pisces (Jesus) - after.
Great Year - Pisces (Jesus) > Aquarius (John) - before.

So once again, Jesus comes both 'before and after' John.
John 1:15 "He who comes after me is greater than me because he was before me".
Greater, because during the "Great Year" Pisces is the first age and Aquarius is the second age. The last age of the former Great Year was Aries, and Jesus' life pretty much represents the last year of the age of Aries with his death and resurrection scene being symbolic of the age changing over to Pisces, the first sign of the new Great Year cycle. That which is first in the annual zodiac (Aries) is last in the Great Year, and that which is last in the annual zodiac (Pisces) is first in the Great Year. The second age of course is Aquarius. So what I see happening in the book of John is certainly a lesson on the natural movement of precession from Aries, to Pisces, to Aquarius:
1:24 The ones who had been sent were from the Pharisees.
1:25 They asked him, "Why then do you baptize, if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?"
1:26 John answered them, "I baptize in water, but among you stands one whom you don't know.
1:27 He is the one who comes after me, who is preferred before me, whose sandal strap I'm not worthy to loosen."
The one that the religious leaders do not know, that they seem to be acting blind to, is the sign of Pisces that comes both before and after Aquarius. The writers have John acting humble before Jesus in the storyline because Aquarius is 'second' to Pisces in order of the Great Year. The Jewish religious authorities weren't prepared to change their religious symbolism over from Aries to Pisces as of the last year of the age of Aries. It's as if they didn't even know that the age of Pisces stood before them ready to come into position after the next vernal equinox (passover) when the ages change. This is what the character of John is clearly designed to point out in the verse.

Moving beyond John's prologue to the next book of Acts, well after the crucifixion scene where the ages have already changed over from Aries to Pisces, or simply Moses (Aries) to Jesus (Pisces), we come across another interesting factor with the introduction of Stephen the apostle:
Acts 6:8-15 “Now Stephen, a man full of God’s grace and power did great wonders and miraculous signs among the people. Opposition arose, however, from members of the Synagogue of the Freedmen (as it was called) – Jews of Cyrene and Alexandria as well as the provinces of Cilicia and Asia. These men begin to argue with Stephen, but they could not stand up to his wisdom or the Spirit by whom he spoke. Then they secretly persuaded some men to say, “We have heard Stephen speak words of blasphemy against Moses and against God.”
So they stirred up the people and the elders and teachers of the law. They seized Stephen and brought him before the Sanhedrin. They produced false witnesses, who testified, “This fellow never stops speaking against this holy place and against the law. For we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and change the customs Moses handed down to us.” All who were sitting in the Sanhedrin looked intently at Stephen, and they saw that his face was like the face of an angel.”
The character of Stephen is a man of the common people who was informing the common people that major changes were on the horizon due to the precessional ages changing from Aries (Moses) to Pisces (Jesus) and a new Great Year beginning, and so opposition arose from the Jewish orthodoxy who were the keepers of the Law of Moses from the former age of Aries, in other words, the concretizing Biblcial “literalists” of the time who didn’t want to acknowledge the astrotheological meaning of the scriptures and the necessary changes that were suppose to come according to the natural movement of precession. They accused Stephen of “blasphemy” because he represents leaving the old age of Aries behind which is leaving behind the “symbolism” of Moses who personified the former age of Aries in Judaism. Stephen is a storyline character who’s promoting the new age of Pisces and it’s “grace” that the character of Jesus is used to personify. The “Law” was an Aries based religious tradition and the Christian movement wasn’t concerned with bringing the “Law” of the old age of Aries into the “grace” of the new age of Pisces. So in the mythic dialogue when I see the old ways of Moses (“Law”) changing into the new ways of Jesus (“grace”) - I’m merely looking at an astrotheological dialogue written by some of the members of an astronomer priesthood who were trying to create social change according to the changing of the “ages” of the Great Year. So the opposition against the Christian movement is merely coming from members of the Jewish orthodoxy that are refusing to change accordingly with the natural movement of the precession of the equinoxes and therefore they’re being condemned and called out by those in the new Christian movement who are insisting that a change in religious symbolism be made in order to come into accord with the new age.
Acts 7:1 Then the high priest asked him, “Are these charges true?”
The character of Stephen then begins his famous speech by reciting the Hebrew Biblical lineage from the Story of Abraham onward. He goes into the story of Moses with his knowledge of Egypt and highlights the people wanting to worship the Golden Calf in the desert and how the priests allowed it when they shouldn't have. Now all of the Bible stories that Stephen is going over so far in his speech are stories that are based on the age of Taurus turning over to the age of Aries because that’s what the “symbolism” in the Abraham and Moses stories is covering according to precession. The priests who were allowing the people to worship the golden calf in the desert were in reality allowing a social order technique which dated back to the previous age of Taurus the Bull. Moses condemns the priests and common people because they weren’t recognizing the new age, the Age of Aries the Ram, and therefore they were out of alignment with the movements of precession which is being frowned on in the dialogue. Stephen then goes into the Babylonian captivity which happened during the age of Aries as well. In total, Stephen links the Jewish lineage from Abraham, to Moses, and then brings it through Babylon and down to Jesus at the beginning of the common era. So the character of Stephen was written to “symbolically” bring the movement of precession from the changing of the age of Taurus the bull, to the age of Aries the ram / lamb, and then finally to Pisces the “fishes”. I could see that Stephen’s speech also very clearly outlines the Jewish heritage in terms of Abraham coming from the land of the Chaldeans, to Moses coming from the land of the Egyptians, to the Babylonian captivity, and then down to the beginning of the common era. By doing this, Stephen is outlining the fact that the religious authorities have a long history of not properly recognizing the natural movements of precession and how their forefathers had fallen under condemnation in the past for ignoring this high “knowledge” which is actually ingrained right into the Jewish Biblical lineage! The knowledge of the Chaldeans, Egyptians, and Babylonians is the ancient knowledge of precession and the astrotheology it entails.
“You stiff-necked people, with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You are just like your fathers: You always resist the Holy Spirit! Was there ever a prophet your fathers did not persecute? They even killed those who predicted the coming of the Righteous One. And now you have betrayed and murdered him – you who have received the law that was put into effect through the angels but have not obeyed it.”
After lashing out at the orthodox Jewish religious authorities in this way, Stephen then looks up towards the sky and says:
“Look, I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God…Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”
So the religious leaders took Stephen out of the Synagogue and stoned him to death. I could certainly see that there’s a lot of “symbolism” going on in his statements. Looking up into the heavens he sees Jesus standing at the right hand of God which astrotheologically points to the sun in the house of Pisces at the right hand of “existence”. The four cardinal points of “existence” (God) are symbolized by the “cross” which renders the east to the “right hand” side of the cross. Here we have the sun of existence (God) rising in the east (right hand) at the vernal equinox in the house of Pisces! The sign of Aries the ram / lamb (Moses) is no longer housing the sun at the vernal equinox and therefore a change in religious “symbolism” is required by the astronomer priesthood! By giving up his "spirit" to "Jesus", the character of Stephen is offering up his 'spirit of change' to the new age of "Pisces" and serving as a role model for others to do likewise. :wink:

Then, as the astrotheological story of the bible moves along, the character of Saul / Paul enters the storyline as one of the orthodox Jewish religious authorities who stood and watched as they stoned Stephen to death for his bold faced stand off with those who refused to act accordingly based on the natural movement of precession. As Saul / Paul journey’s off to persecute people of the new age Christian movement, those promoting a change in religious “symbolism” in order to come into accord with the natural movement of precession, the writers give him a dramatic conversion on the road to Damascus:
Acts 9:3-6

“As he neared Damascus, on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? “Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked. “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied. “Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”
It’s very clear that Paul’s conversion represents the conversion from the former age of Aries to the present age of Pisces (Jesus). After regaining his vision - understanding the meaning of precession and what needs to be accomplished with respect to that specific knowledge - Paul went out preaching to the synagogues that “Jesus is the Son of God”. The message of Stephen about the sun rising in the house of Pisces at the vernal equinox for the next 2150 years passes on to Saul / Paul who goes out to convert as many of the blind age of Aries based religious worshippers and leaders as possible:
Acts 9:21-22

“All those who heard him were astonished and asked, “Isn’t he the man who raised havoc in Jerusalem among those who call on his name? And hasn’t he come here to take them as prisoners to the chief priests?” Yet Saul grew more and more powerful and baffled the Jews living in Damascus by proving that Jesus is the Christ.”
It seems that Paul, by proving that "Jesus is the Christ", was merely proving that the age of Pisces (Jesus) is the 'messianic age' (or annointed age) of the new Great Year cycle according to the rising and falling Vedic and Greek oriented theme (see the video link). The age of Pisces represents the ascending curve that saves the world from falling further along into the darkness of descent according the falling and rising theme of precession. I found it interesting that as Paul’s story continues he comes across a sorcerer who opposed him. Paul asks him “Will you never stop perverting the right ways of the Lord? Now the hand of the Lord is against you. You are going to be blind, and for a time you will be unable to see the light of the sun.” Here we see another reference to someone failing to properly acknowledge the sun rising in the house of Pisces at the vernal equinoxes (the right way of the Lord) during the new age - someone trying to cling on to the old ways of the former age and Great Year. The man was blind to the light of the sun being housed in its new zodiacal sign of Pisces (Jesus) and so his punishment was being stricken with physical blindness and he was no longer able to see the light of the sun at all. Reading further along in the book of Acts, I come across Paul’s big speech in Antioch where he outlines the message of John the baptist about Jesus coming after him but being much greater than him nonetheless... This is of course referring our attention to the Great Year where Pisces (Jesus) is greater than Aquarius (John) with the honor of being the first age.

The big theme that Paul uses in his speeches as he gets started out is one of “Belief” which is precisely the astrologial theme of the Piscean Age. Paul says that he was supposed to give this message of "Belief" (Pisces) to the Jews first but because they rejected the message he's supposed to give it to the gentiles. This very clearly outlines the message of precessional change being given out first to the age of Aries based Jewish leaders and then going out to the rest of the non-Jews in the Mediterranean regions who were likewise stuck with the old age of Aries based religious “symbolism”, such as Mithra and the other Pagan Gods who personified the former age the exact same way that Moses did in Judaism. It’s very obvious that the Christian movement was specifically aimed at creating a very necessary social change in the region by presenting a new solar personification that is in accord with the suns current position during the Piscean Age (Fish). The oldest Christian symbol is the Fish which perfectly represents a movement based on staying current with what's happening astrologically. The "symbolism" of Moses and the former Pagan Gods (Bulls / Rams) were not in accord with the "symbolism" of the new age of Pisces (Fish) and had all become astrologically outdated in that sense.

John, and Jesus, and Stephen, and now Paul’s “Good News”, is clearly the news of astrological correctness and what the age of Pisces is suppose to bring in terms of the worlds ascension towards the Silver and Golden conditions of Greek and Vedic thought. This was considered a message for everyone, Jew and gentile alike, just as we find when reading through the New Testament stories. Rome, after conflicting with Christianity at first, decides to get on board over three hundred years into the new age. Why? I think the answer is simple because it doesn't make sense to try and cling to the symbolism of a former age after it's already passed by! It makes you come off as ignorant and uninformed in front of those who are learned and understand the knowledge of precession. So Rome got on board with this new system of religious symbolism that was custom designed to represent the new age of Pisces. The old Aries based cults were all but destroyed in due time when the State decided to rule with the new symbolism of the age of Pisces which is astrologically correct. It was designed to last until "...the very end of the age." Then Aquarius based symbolism which is themed with "knowing" will have to come into effect and the Bible writers foreshadow this natural movement of precession as well when talking about the end of the age and the man bearing a pitcher of water that the 12 disciples / signs are to follow into the house that he enters into (Luke 22:10). They specificy the coming of the second age of precession with presenting Jesus as before John as well, Pisces as before Aquarius! The end of the age and the "Second Coming" motif go hand in hand. Basically, it's talking about the first coming of the sun during the Great Year in the sign of Pisces and the "Second Coming" of the sun during the Great Year in the sign of Aquarius, the 'second age' of precession.
Robert Tulip wrote:Essentially, my claim in this analysis of John is that precession is the secret code of the Bible, and that breaking this code makes the Bible self-explanatory.
Robert, I think the big question here is whether or not anyone else on this forum can see how precession is the code that unlocks the real underlying meaning of the Bible and makes it self-explanatory? Are we alone in this realization?
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Unread post

tat tvam asi wrote:Hey Robert, I think that I'll add some more to this discussion and see if anyone can manage to understand what you and I are talking about here? :lol:
Thank you Tat, much appreciated. This discussion may look obscure on the surface but is actually supremely logical as a new way to read the Bible as a document of natural stellar wisdom. I hope I can help you to explain what we are both talking about. The blinkers caused by two thousand years of lies are very hard to shake. The violence of the Christian attack on natural theology has been so extreme that it can be very hard to imagine that the Bible could contain the seeds of its own redemption.

Happy New Year for 2010.
I can see that the prologue to the book of John contains much in the way of astrological symbolism. When John says that Jesus is he who comes after John and yet was before John, we can see a correspondence between the bible placing John’s birth after the summer solstice and Jesus birth coming six months after John’s.
This sense of the natural pulse of the year as represented in the relation between Jesus and John as markers of the solstices is quite powerful. This is an example of the natural logic which flows directly from viewing the word of God (Christ the Logos) as the embodiment of natural reason. We are so used to the alienating manipulation of the church which drives a wedge between nature and reason that reunifying them seems outrageous or impossible. However, as shown in the way John and Jesus incarnate the solstices and myriad other examples, seeing the Bible stories as symbolising natural reason is the only way to find the deep truth in them. The deepest truth is the slow movement of the earth against the galaxy revealed in precession of the equinox as the only real map of time.

At the moment I am reading Iron John by Robert Bly. The mythic way Bly explains John as the wild man aligns to the idea of the summer solstice as the moment of abandon, the high point of maximum light at midyear. Jesus as the winter solstice marks the beginning and ending of the natural year, after the shortest day when light has descended to its minimum. I find it interesting that Bly's own wounds regarding Christ appear in his failure to discuss Christ as a model of relation between father and son.

The polarity here between the solstices also appears with the stars at the equinoxes. Easter (Esther/Eostre) is the time when the sun and moon are in Pisces and Virgo, and Michaelmas (Mabon the Forest God), the September equinox festival of the Archangel Michael, happens each year near the full Pisces Moon with Sun in Virgo. Due to precession of the equinox, we are now nearing the time when the Easter polarity will shift from Pisces-Virgo to Aquarius-Leo, marking the next age. These star positions are actual (sidereal) rather than the tropical zodiac used in astrology.
But there's also more depth to the astrological symbolism. John is used to represent the sign of Aquarius as well....He's the water man!
My friend Terry Spragg says he hopes 2010 will be the year we walk on water. The Aquarian theme of carrying water has a wide depth of practical symbolism. You may care to look at some of my water inventions at rtulip.net. The theme of Aquarius the Water Bearer seems to me to be central to practical strategies to manage global climate change. A strategic framework for water and climate action can be supplied by reading the Bible with natural reason.
That which is first in the annual zodiac (Aries) is last in the Great Year, and that which is last in the annual zodiac (Pisces) is first in the Great Year.
So when Jesus says ‘the last will be first’ he is talking about the stars as well as human life. This text is used to emphasise Christian compassion for the excluded, and can readily and logically be read to discuss precession of the equinox. 'The last will be first' is found at Matthew 19:30, Matthew 20:16, Mark 10:31 and Luke 13:30. As a strategic point in the conquest of the world it means that Pisces (the last sign) will be the first sign of the current Great Year, as a time of preparation for the second coming at the dawn of the Age of Aquarius.
The second age of course is Aquarius. So what I see happening in the book of John is certainly a lesson on the natural movement of precession from Aries, to Pisces, to Aquarius...The writers have John acting humble before Jesus in the storyline because Aquarius is 'second' to Pisces in order of the Great Year.
John’s humility also draws on the observation that Christ is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and last, the moment of transition from one Great Year to the next. At the shift of the equinox from Aries into Pisces, the stars and the twelve signs of the zodiac formed a cosmic harmony that only recurs every 25,765 years. John sees this process of cosmic alignment in Christ from the perspective of knowledge, but does not incarnate it as Jesus does.
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

Revelation 3:12 (New International Version)

Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.
A new name? Why would Jesus have a new name?

Well, understanding that the bible is written to accord with the natural movement of precession it's very clear that after the end of the current age of Pisces (Jesus) the sun will rise in a new sign at the eastern (right hand) vernal equinox. The sun, having been personified through the name of Jesus for over 2,000 years, will have to be personified through a "new name" when it rises in the house of Aquarius. The bible writers seem to have laid this future transition of the ages out for all that understand the precessional code to consider.
Luke 22:10 “He replied, “As you enter the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him into the house that he enters…”

Matthew 28:20 “And surely I am with always, to the very end of the age.”

Matthew 24:3 “As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

Matthew 13:39–43 “The harvest is the end of the age and the harvesters are angels. As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age… …He who has ears, let him hear.
It's plainly clear that these stories are allegorical and deal with references to the changing of the world ages.

And this seems to pertain to those having a lack of understanding about the allegorical meaning of the verses.
Luke 6:46 - 49 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord’ and do not do what I say? I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”
His words throughout the New Testament are very astrotheological and clearly pertain to precession. It's actually the biblical literalists who have heard these words and have not put them into practice if we're to get technical here. The "torrent" coming to their house of cards built up from sand foundations is the Revelation of the astrotheological allegory writing style of their own scriptures! They've metaphorically built their house upon the sand, literalism. This is very eye opening indeed. I can certainly see the "torrent" coming as we approach the end of the current world age and I understand who and what this "torrent" appears to pertain to. And this verse strikes me as a warning to step away from literalism and the literalist camp because it's going to fall as the truth becomes better understood.
Last edited by tat tvam asi on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Unread post

The more I read the gospel of John the more I see it as stellar code. Here is an interpretation of John 4:17-19 The Woman at the Well
Jesus said to her, "You are right when you say you have no husband. 18The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true." 19"Sir," the woman said, "I can see that you are a prophet.
Here is how I read this passage. The Christian framework of prophecy is stated by the woman as the real meaning for the response from Jesus. This framework, as explained by many orthodox theologians such as Saint Augustine, provides a millennial theory of historical time over 7000 years. Against this framework, we can read the six false husbands of the Samaritan woman as the representative leaders of the six millennia since the fall, and implying a real seventh husband yet to come. The six false husbands, one for each millennium, are Adam, Noah, Abraham, David, Paul and Thomas Aquinas. The real seventh husband is Christ himself, with the marriage to be consummated on his return with the gift of living water at the eschaton.

This reading is based on the claim that the Gospel of John is primarily astrotheological in intent, setting the vision of human salvation against the historical time frame of the slow cosmic shift of the seasons against the stars. By this reading, the mythic fall from divine grace atthe expulsion of Adam and Eve from Paradise is marked by the entry of the annual spring point into the constellation of Taurus in about 4300 BC. The next mythic stepping points are Noah’s flood in c. 3225 BC, also in the Age of Taurus, and then the beginning of the Age of Aries, in c.2150 BC, with Abraham and Sarah, and the middle of the Age of Aries with King David in c.1075 BC. The turning point of time, the birth of Christ at the BC-AD cusp, is on this view marked more by Paul than by Christ, because the interpretation of Paul, seeing ‘through a glass darkly rather than face to face’ dominated the world of Christendom. The mid point of the Age of Pisces, in c.1075 AD, is identified here with Thomas Aquinas, even though he lived slightly later, as he put together the systematic teachings of the church. So, the six millennia of Christian time are represented by six flawed husbands of the church.

As the equinox point now moves towards its passage into Aquarius in c. 2150 AD, we see an intriguing correlation between history and symbolism. The historic shift towards innovative knowledge as the basis of social organisation, replacing former belief-based cultures, parallels the symbolic shift from Pisces to Aquarius, perhaps reflecting a wishful coincidence, or perhaps a deeper cyclic reality.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”