• In total there are 29 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 29 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Anyone use either audible.com or the Kindle Unlimited service?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!
United States of America

Anyone use either audible.com or the Kindle Unlimited service?

Unread post

Curious what you guys think if you're familiar with them, in particular how the selection is for the Kindle plan. I'm not sure if there is a way to browse it without joining. You can for audible. Some of those ebooks look pretty pricey especially given that you're paying $15 a month. The Bill Nye book is $28. But I'm not that familiar with audio book prices.

They have free trials so when I get around to it I'll try them out.
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Re: Anyone use either audible.com or the Kindle Unlimited service?

Unread post

I use a Kindle for all my reading. With my Prime account membership. I get a 1 free book to borrow, 1 newly published book, a free choice from a list of four emailed to me monthly (kindle first is also a perk with Prime). Audible is an Amazon company now too so I also get 1 free audio book credit monthly through with my membership. in my opinion Prime membership is the better way to go rather than Kindle Unlimited. Since you get lower cost shipping, free Prime list movies and music all for about 100.00 per year. If you are interested I can tell you how to find free books on their site as well.
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”
David S Clarke
Official Newbie!

Unread post

CoolSummer,

I have Kindle Unlimited and love it. The selection is pretty amazing really and for $8.99/mo or whatever it is, it's hard to beat. Best bet would be to give it a try and see if you like it. If you don't, it's easy to cancel.
“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it—always.”
— Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.amazon.com/First-Destiny-Dav ... B00S8S7S0G

http://davidsclarke.com
[email protected]
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Unread post

David S Clarke wrote:CoolSummer,

I have Kindle Unlimited and love it. The selection is pretty amazing really and for $8.99/mo or whatever it is, it's hard to beat. Best bet would be to give it a try and see if you like it. If you don't, it's easy to cancel.
I think I would need a lot more time on my hands to make it worth my while. If the program is still there when I retire I'll have time to truly enjoy a program like that. I just found out my local library lets you borrow ebooks free, so I have been leaning toward that direction due to free access to new books. So Prime with its many faceted perks suits me better, with things that benefit both my Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, etc. But thanks for letting me know about your experience with it. If I don't like my library experience maybe I will check it out.
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”
David S Clarke
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Sounds like a great plan to me!
“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it—always.”
— Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.amazon.com/First-Destiny-Dav ... B00S8S7S0G

http://davidsclarke.com
[email protected]

Return to “Everything Else”