• In total there are 16 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 15 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Any one excited for the return of Homeland?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
VicCast
Creative Writing Student

Any one excited for the return of Homeland?

Unread post

I love this show. Easily one of the best current shows on TV right now. From the acting, to the plot, to the production. Outstanding stuff. If you haven't seen it, you need to.

Seeing all the updates and promos on facebook and other places is getting me pumped!
Author of:
"Tommy The Courageous Bird" - A children's picture book about a bird that is afraid of heights
Tommy The Courageous Bird
Tommy is also Available on Amazon.com
http://thred.me/RURm5W Let's turn Tommy into an e-book!!!
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Re: Any one excited for the return of Homeland?

Unread post

This is a great show. I didn't realize it was getting to start back up.

There's another show that just started called The Bridge penned by one of Homeland's main writers. The protagonist is another quirky female, this one with a touch of autism. It's a suspense thriller that centers around a series of murders near the border of Mexico and El Paso(?). So far it's riveting, although maybe not to the extent of the first season of Homeland which was simply awesome.
-Geo
Question everything
Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!
United States of America

Unread post

Somehow I've never heard of this show, might have to check it out
VicCast
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

Thanks Geo for the lead on The Bridge. I will definitely check it out!

Dexter, you will not be dissapointed. Homeland will have you engaged and blown away.
Author of:
"Tommy The Courageous Bird" - A children's picture book about a bird that is afraid of heights
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

I can't tell you how much my husband and I have enjoyed watching the past seasons of, "Homeland". We watched the first season in two sittings. After each episode we would say, just one more, or, well we have to watch the next one stick a frozen pizza in the oven. The show is very compelling, entertaining and addicting! Thank you VicCast for bringing attention to this series. I can't wait for season 3.
geo wrote:There's another show that just started called The Bridge penned by one of Homeland's main writers. The protagonist is another quirky female, this one with a touch of autism.
I've been watching this one too. What I find odd is the female characters in each of these series have issues with mental health. Both of the female leads have a mental problem. Makes me wonder if the writers believe that a strong, "normal" woman may be boring for male viewers. Anyway, both of these characters are fabulous, their mental issues add to the story line and both actresses create very believable characters.

Another show, "The Killing" also has a female lead with some mental issues. I can't recommend this show however. Each show is entertaining and mysterious, but the finale just grabs someone out of the blue as the "doer". It's a let down, the evidence from the season doesn't match the final show.
VicCast
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

You're welcome Suzanne! I'm so happy you have enjoyed the show and can't wait to talk about season 3 with you!
Author of:

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”