• In total there are 14 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 14 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Another challenge to atheists from The Week!

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: Another challenge to atheists from The Week!

Unread post

geo wrote:
ant wrote: Fcking weak bullshit from you, George.
I can see many of Camacho's positive qualities. You can't.

I win!
puhlease.
Remember, I was the first person to have the honor of being cursed at by you, before you went back to try and erase the evidence of your primeval outburst.

I can see positive qualities while note ignoring the bigotry that's on the flip side.
That takes gut-busting honesty.
Some people are intellectually gutless.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote:
geo wrote:
ant wrote: Fcking weak bullshit from you, George.
I can see many of Camacho's positive qualities. You can't.

I win!
puhlease.
Remember, I was the first person to have the honor of being cursed at by you, before you went back to try and erase the evidence of your primeval outburst.

I can see positive qualities while note ignoring the bigotry that's on the flip side.
That takes gut-busting honesty.
Some people are intellectually gutless.
My point has always been that people are much more than their religion affiliation (or how Ant chooses to categorize them). Your bigotry is 100 times worse than Camacho's. You think Camacho is spouting theist hate wherever he is? I'd bet he's got more interesting things to do. Yet, you're here spewing anti atheist hate all the time. Get a hobby, dude!
-Geo
Question everything
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

You have no idea what you're talking about.

My point is that you've effectively ignored all his patronizing posts about religious people.
That's not difficult to see if you use the search function.
Youre claiming my bigotry is worse than his is proof of your willfulness to totally ignore his.

I prefaced many of my posts, clarifying that I did not believe ALL A-theists are moronic bigots. Did he ever do the same? Prove me wrong here. If you do, I stand corrected.
You've ignored every post where I clarified I did not mean all atheists.

Seriously, you can lie to me but stop lying to yourself here. It's laughable. Really, it is. Stop, please.

Since the atheist core of BT loves to cherry pick, here's something for you:

http://irmo.patch.com/groups/police-and ... hoto-first

Is this something that atheists are not capable of?

Something similar also happened at a nearby church where I live.
It didn't make the news and I'm sorry I didn't take a picture for you to see. Hence, you can continue to call me a liar.
Last edited by ant on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Cherry picking!
Why not?! Yorky the troll does it. Why can't I?!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/f ... -1.1752226

Can you recommend a good atheist attorney for this man who's non belief is perhaps being grossly misunderstood here?
Last edited by ant on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Atheism simply means "non belief"
True atheism is not to be held accountable for crimes committed in the name of atheism.

Post World War Two[edit]
Across Eastern Europe following World War Two, the parts of Nazi Germany and its allies and conquered states that had been overrun by the Soviet Red Army, along with Yugoslavia, became one-party Communist states, which, like the Soviet Union, were antipathetic to religion. Persecutions of religious leaders followed.[77][78] The Soviet Union ended its truce against the Russian Orthodox Church, and extended its persecutions to the newly Communist Eastern block: "In Poland, Hungary, Lithuania and other Eastern European countries, Catholic leaders who were unwilling to be silent were denounced, publicly humiliated or imprisoned by the Communists. Leaders of the national Orthodox Churches in Romania and Bulgaria had to be cautious and submissive", wrote Blainey.[46]

Albania under Enver Hoxha became, in 1967, the first (and to date only) formally declared atheist state,[79] going far beyond what most other countries had attempted – completely prohibiting religious observance, and systematically repressing and persecuting adherents. The right to religious practice was restored in the fall of communism in 1991. In 1967, Enver Hoxha's regime conducted a campaign to extinguish religious life in Albania; by year's end over two thousand religious buildings were closed or converted to other uses, and religious leaders were imprisoned and executed. Albania was declared to be the world's first atheist country by its leaders, and Article 37 of the Albanian constitution of 1976 stated that "The State recognises no religion, and supports and carries out atheistic propaganda in order to implant a scientific materialistic world outlook in people."[80][81]
Wikipedia

Non believers are obviously harmless because they are not irrational believers in Thor, Zeus, Isis, Jesus, etc. etc.
Albania didn't know what true atheism is. Therefore, atheism is not to blame. Neither is lack of belief to be blamed here.
Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!
United States of America

Unread post

Did Hoxha give up power in the name of scientific materialism? No? Gee, maybe any dictatorial regime wants to get rid of any competing institutions. Ever think of that? You don't need to know any Albanian history to know the obvious.

Just like Stalin killed millions in the name of non-belief, right?

This is the unthinking theist's view of history, watch every debater bring it up as their brilliant "gotcha" moment.

Keep on trollin...
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Dexter wrote:Did Hoxha give up power in the name of scientific materialism? No? Gee, maybe any dictatorial regime wants to get rid of any competing institutions. Ever think of that? You don't need to know any Albanian history to know the obvious.

This is the unthinking theist's view of history, watch every debater bring it up as their brilliant "gotcha" moment.

Keep on trollin...

Albania declared itself an Atheistic state, and as a result proceeded to marginalize and murder theists.

If the concept is too difficult for you to understand then just STFU.

Ps.

Why is your posting of links to ridicule religion NOT trolling, whereas my doing so IS?

You make me laugh.
Last edited by ant on Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote:
Dexter wrote:Did Hoxha give up power in the name of scientific materialism? No? Gee, maybe any dictatorial regime wants to get rid of any competing institutions. Ever think of that? You don't need to know any Albanian history to know the obvious.

Keep on trollin...

Albania declared itself an Atheistic state, and as a result proceeded to marginalize and murder theists.

Oh my bad, there was a declaration of atheism. Let me go through the rhetoric of other murderous dictators to see their true intentions and how misunderstood they were.

It's trolling because it's just painfully dumb. You should take it as a compliment, because maybe that means you don't actually believe these arguments.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Dexter wrote:
ant wrote:

Keep on trollin...

Oh my bad, there was a declaration of atheism. Let me go through the rhetoric of other murderous dictators to see their true intentions and how misunderstood they were.

It's trolling because it's just painfully dumb. You should take it as a compliment, because maybe that means you don't actually believe these arguments.
What's vulgar and stupid of you is that you think a declaration of non belief justifies or exonerates every claim or act from the moment of claimed disbelief.

It's utterly balless to generally hold religion accountable for every crime committed by the church in the past when the church was also the governing body with power and political motives in play at the time.

Additionally, only a dullard would incessantly bleet the ol absence of evidence fallacy.

Guess which balless dullard has done all the above?
Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote:
What's vulgar and stupid of you is that you think a declaration of non belief justifies or exonerates every claim or act from the moment of claimed disbelief.
You literally can't read or understand an argument.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”