• In total there are 28 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 28 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

All Nighters?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
JeremyBenson
Gaining experience

All Nighters?

Unread post

Anyone else make it through the night? haha. I'm tired, but want to fight it until tonight. If I don't I'll be stuck up all night again! It's kind of the cycle I'm stuck in, which isn't too bad, but I'd like to be working on my fiction book but I'm far too tired to concentrate!

Anyone else go through that?
Check out 'Philosophies of Self-Publishing: Better Business' a truly unique read for self-publishing enthusiasts.
Amazon USA
Amazon Canada
Also my site:
http://www.jeremy-benson.com
authorsahunt
Getting Comfortable

Re: All Nighters?

Unread post

All the time. I'm not as good at it as I used to be (when I first graduated high school I pretty much slept every two days), but I'm constantly finding myself up at 4, 5AM. It's because we aren't getting enough exercise, and at least on my end, partially because I drink too much coffee.
Author of fantasy gunslinger epic "The Whirlwind in the Thorn Tree" Book Trailer
JeremyBenson
Gaining experience

Unread post

Yeah, I blame it on coffee, and being a workaholic, with blogs, and writing. I never gave exercise a thought, that's probably got something to do with it too...although I have been getting some pretty good sleep lately, lol.
Check out 'Philosophies of Self-Publishing: Better Business' a truly unique read for self-publishing enthusiasts.
Amazon USA
Amazon Canada
Also my site:
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

i'll sleep when i'm dead, and if i dont get some sleep soon, i will be :lol:

my body has a way of saying "listen dickhead if you dont go to sleep right now i'm going to cease to function"

what happens is everything and i mean everything starts spinning round and round fast and violently, you cant stand up, you can barely crawl in fact you cant really, and it scares the crap out of you! i mean it is terrifying, you think if it doesnt subside you will have to kill yourself!

i've pushed myself twice to that stage and never again, now when i feel i'm getting close i just do not pass go or collect $200 i go straight to bed. :lol:

sleep deprivation is a form of torture.

lack of sleep over a year is a slow death, over four years it's a living death.

on my tombstone i may have engraved "here lies the man who was too stupid to sleep - he's taking a nap now"

it's a fascinating subject, i dont sleep because i'm driven and strong willed (obstinate) since i was very young i have foolishly over-ridden my body clock till it just free oscillates , others dont sleep because of worry or fear, still others have medical conditions and so on it goes, work, drugs etc etc...

things we need

sleep
food
fun
interesting stuff
mental exercise
physical exercise
friends and loved ones
music
sex
a challenge
honesty

theres probably lots of other stuff too, but sleep is definitely in there.
JeremyBenson
Gaining experience

Unread post

Ha, well I certainly hope you don't die of sleep deprivation. I know of one guy in my lifetime that actually had been clinically insane from it...

There was a big thing on the news years back about people dying of it at work. I remember that like it was yesterday... It was mostly talked about in Asia I believe...
Amazon USA
Amazon Canada
Also my site:
Aomame
Book Nut

Unread post

things we need

sleep
food
fun
interesting stuff
mental exercise
physical exercise
friends and loved ones
music
sex
a challenge
honesty
What an interesting order....
Currently Reading:
Orhan Pamuk: My Name is Red/G.K. Chesterton: The Man Who Was Thursday/Jared Diamond: The World Until Yesterday/Bill Lauritzen: the Invention of God/Michail Bulgakow: The Master and Margarita/Laurence Sterne: Tristram Shandy/Leonardo Padura: The Havana Quartet/Thomas Mann: The Buddenbrooks: The Decline of a Family/Robert Rowland Smith: Breakfast with Socrates

Recently Finished:
Baratunde Thurston: How to Be Black/Norah Vincent: Self-Made Man/Elizabeth George: Well-Schooled in Murder

New on the shelf:
John Jeremiah Sullivan: Pulphead/Alex Vilenkin: Many Worlds in One/Leo Tolstoy: War and Peace/Joseph Conrad: Lord Jim/Neil Shubin: Your Inner Fish/Penn Jillette: Everyday Day is an Atheist Holiday
JeremyBenson
Gaining experience

Unread post

Except sex has been tossed outta my list long ago haha.
Amazon USA
Amazon Canada
Also my site:
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

Aomame wrote:What an interesting order....
:lol: i should have added in no particular order :D

or should that be in any particular order

or was it a freudian slip 8)
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

JeremyBenson wrote:Except sex has been tossed outta my list long ago haha.
never say never :)

sex, coming soon to a list near you. (no double entendre intended) :D

Return to “Everything Else”